Wandavision / Marvel MCU on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Jan 22, 2021.

1. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

It barely held my attention for 30 minutes. Love Marvel but it's a misfire.

PapaMuerte, Shawn and gabacabriel like this.
  2. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

Does that account for the original programming these streaming services are offering in response to the studio withdrawal of films, or is that another matter? I use Peacock which has original programming as an option, and was wondering what factors account for streaming services creating their own programming.

3. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Nice to see Emma Caulfield on TV again (haven't seen her in anything since Buffy).

That said - I was bored.

Bailed.

MedozK likes this.
  4. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

I think the show is great. Our family is watching it weekly. It's funny, very bold yet nostalgic, and it has a great mystery underlying it.

5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Lots of 'love it/hate it' here.
    While I can't watch, since I don't have '+', I'm satisfied listening to Kevin & Marc spoil the whole thing for me, so, I can be all caught up when a new MCU movie comes out!

6. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

I love it so far...there is a lot going on and you can't really compare it to the movies in terms of its story structure- it's a little more radical in its storytelling I hope it is worth the time investment...

7. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

Once you understand the principal you will like it a lot more. It looks like things are slowly getting a little nightmarish.

Purple Jim and AintGotHalfOf like this.
  8. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

How many episodes are there going to be? I want to wait until I can binge watch over a couple days.

9. Wow, this show is painful. The gag of placing them in sitcom-ish setting got old after 5 minutes. Let me know when they break out of this dream sequence/alternate reality/stuck in the matrix bore.

10. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

There will be nine episodes.

The Hud and Veronica Mars like this.
  11. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Cool, thanks!

SRC likes this.
  12. biodawg

biodawg Forum Resident

I totally get where you are coming from, but Feige has done such a great job with everything so far that I believe he will lead us to the promise land with this one too!

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

I think it's fair to say there's a lot of factors involved. But ultimately, I think the studios want to keep all the money that's associated with the projects (TV shows, movies, shorts, specials, etc.) that they own.

I was with you on the first 2 shows, which I thought were lame, but there were enough surprising dramatic twists in the third episode that now I like the show. Hey, and they finally jumped out of 4x3 and into scope, plus it got very serious and science-fictiony.

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

BTW, some clever wag uploaded the episode 3 "Fake 1970s" show open for Wandavision, and I think it's a hoot. Think: Brady Bunch meets Partridge Family with 2 or 3 others in there. I dunno how long Marvel will allow it to stay up, but it's watchable for the moment.

My gut feeling is there ain't gonna be a Season 2 for some pretty mission-critical reasons...

PH416156 and SandAndGlass like this.
  15. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I don't watch TV, but this was very funny. Early into the video, I was thinking that I hope that the parody would include the iconic Astro-Turf Brady backyard.

Most shows were shot on a sound stage, back in the 60's, like Gilligan's Island. But most TV shows at least attempted to have an outdoor set, look like the outdoors.

Not the backyard in the Brady Bunch. The Astro-Turf backyard was as iconic to the TV show as the Yellow Brick Road was to The Wizard of Oz.

Right on target!

Charles Adams likes this.
  16. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

It's not on YouTube, that I can find, but the fake closing credits for that episode (an instrumental) sounded to me like The Partridge Family crossed with Belle and Sebastian. I really dug it.

17. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Ah, yes...the dilemma of knowing none of this is real...and, just waiting for the hammer to drop..

18. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

GentleSenator and Shawn like this.
  19. Charles Adams

Charles Adams Forum Resident

My wife and I have been impressed with the show.

20. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

21. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

??? pretty sure "westview" doesn't actually exist, per the show. it's a construct of some sort.

23. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

Starting to get very interesting.

24. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Love the music choice for the closing/credits of Episode 4... don't want to spoil it for anyone tho. ;)

Purple Jim likes this.
  25. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Loving the series, and it’s kind of refreshing to see a series embrace the quirks of an old format rather than make the format the butt of the joke. I think it’s just specific enough to not feel bland but just broad enough to avoid completely alienating people new to this style.

Also, one thing I couldn’t get out of my head was the set design/color grading of episode 3. It strikes a perfect balance for me. Often I see people overdo the film look and it looks obnoxious. But this just glides inside of the look and feel of that period perfectly.