Want more analogue-like sound from red book

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jenkovix, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

I know where you are coming from on this quest as I play a lot of vinyl. Anyway @morinix is right that digital components really benefit from AC power regeneration or at least filtration. They get smoother treble typically.

With respect to digital components, I was forced to go to Esoteric and Marantz SACD/CD players to get more accurate and smoother digital sound. The Marantz is a bit warmer than the Esoteric but also slightly less resolving. It was not good value for me because I don't have that many digital disks but I couldn't find anything cheaper that remained accurate but also highly listenable. However even these companies are cutting back on players so your choice is more limited than before unless you buy used.

The problem with tubed digital leaving aside EQ issues is that they can't be left on 24/7 as digital really should be. A tube preamp is preferable IMO.

2. missan

missan Forum Resident

Honestly, I would really want it the other way around. I wouldn´t mind a little more Redbook in my records, at all.

SandAndGlass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.