Ward Records (Japan) Stones Marquee Club and Brussels Affair

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by riverrat, Dec 24, 2022.

1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member Thread Starter

(Cross posted on Stones Vault thread.)

I was just on discogs entering my 2015 Ward Records release (5lp, 4CD) of the Rolling Stones live Marquee Club (1971) and Brussels Affair (1973). The discogs entry did not mention the CDs, so I entered the catalog number and turned up the Ward Records web page for this release.

It is apparently still available, and at half price, around$103. I originally paid about $250 for this set, working with another SH forum member who has a contact in Japan.

The web page is in Japanese, but I was able to put it in my cart so the info looks current.
    If anyone is interested, and can figure out how to order from the site, this is a pretty good deal IMO.

FWIW, I did not ever buy and thus did not compare the version of Brussels that was included with the GHS super deluxe set. I assume(d) they were the same mastering but you know here assuming gets you. It does appear, based on info on the Ward web page, that the vinyl was sourced from digital. Regardless the lps are pressed impeccably on heavy vinyl and sound fine to me.

2. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I found it interesting that the Brussels Affair LP release from 2015 had 3 discs and the
    one from Goat’s Head Soup is only 2 LPs.

riverrat likes this.