Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy on vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chazz, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazz

Chazz Music Addict Thread Starter

I really love this album and have the Audio Fidelity SACD that sounds superb. I have been scouring music stores for an original vinyl pressing in pristine condition with no luck. I see there are two reissues available from Friday Music and Music On Vinyl. Has anyone compared the two? Which one is better?

Thanks

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The submissions on Discogs for both, leave a lot to be desired, info. wise. I have an original I bought in 1978, that still plays at VG++

3. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Nice copies of this album can be had for under $10 from Discogs. Avoid the reissue route and save yourself some dough.

dee, uzn007 and Mazzy like this.
  4. Find an original Asylum pressing. It beats both of these and they are not hard to find in good condition.

dee, lazydawg58, fishcane and 3 others like this.
  5. Chazz

Chazz Music Addict Thread Starter

I guess I'll have to check Discogs, I have been to numerous vinyl shops over the past year and can't find an original in decent condition.

6. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Yes, as Mazzy says, the original Asylum vinyl is terrific.

But if the SACD sounds superb, why do you need the vinyl, may I ask?

7. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Has anyone heard the MOV release? Usually their pressings are excellent and the originals of this album are hard to find in the UK in good quality

8. edb15

edb15 Senior Member

The Friday music is a Ron McMaster pressed at Rainbo. I don't have an original. It is fine but I'd bet on an original being better and cheaper.

9. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

OG Asylum still plays nicely on my rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.