Warrior 2019 TV series (Cinemax/Bruce Lee)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by marmalade166, Jun 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage! Thread Starter

Based on an original concept by Bruce Lee (that Warner Bros supposedly nicked for the Kung Fu series with David Carradine) the 10 episode first season has just ended, with Season 2 already greenlit

Warrior (TV series) - Wikipedia

[​IMG]

I was a huge fan of the Kung Fu series as a kid, and this new version of the Bruce Lee concept is one of my favourite new series, was surprised there doesn't seem to be a thread going already. Loads of political shenanigans, plenty of strong women (which I always enjoy), great characters and of course strong choreography for the fight scenes - what's not to like :D

Has anyone else seen this, what did you think?`

99khan likes this.
  2. 99khan

99khan Forum Resident

Looks good!

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Its alright, nothing earth-shaking. Being a big fan of Bruce Lee I'll admit to being slightly dissapointed, I expected it to be better, in every way! Tellyawhat, the fight choreography in the recently ended 'Into The Badlands' was FAR superior!

4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’ve seen a few episodes but need to catch up. So far I thought it was pretty solid. It didn’t kick my ass like the first season Banshee did. It’s from the same director.

5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Season 2 started.

GyroT and marmalade166 like this.
  6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The flight scenes for season 2 are really impressive.

7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Episode 9 tonight was the best action and fight scenes of the year tv or movie. I can’t believe no one here’s watching this.

8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

10. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

The wife and I watched the first episode last night; it will also probably be the last. I had issues with some acting and dialogue but the biggest issue is with the casting. Why would you write a story about the Chinese immigrant experience and then cast a Japanese man in the lead role? Now I know why he only spoke in English.

11. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

This show has moved over to HBO Max, since Cinemax stopped doing original programming.

I started watching this show after hearing some positive buzz about it on some movie/TV things I follow.

Warriors reminds me of what I liked about Spartacus, the Starz TV series (which took a few rough episodes to get its footing, then really hooked me in). Lots of good fight scenes, characters scheming and playing politics over each other, while each one is cornered in roles dictated by their society, some T&A.

On the negative side, I do think some of the acting can be meh, but I like the main actors fine -- and they also do a lot of great fighting scenes. The dialogue can be a little clumsy at times.

Does anyone recommend other good shows that have what I like about this show or Spartacus?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.