"Weird Al" is 60! Polka Party!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Nipper, Oct 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

longdist01 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  2. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

One day, I went over to my best friend's house and he started talking about Weird Al. I didn't know who he was and when my friend played him, I thought that it was a bit stupid. A year later, I went over to a party with a different friend and was reintroduced to him. I still didn't really like it. Then, a few months ago, my father started talking about Weird Al. He showed me his In 3-D CD and I listened to it. I was hooked! I started playing it one day and my sister walked into the room. She loved it! I've collected most of his albums and here are some of my favorites:

My favorite songs not in order:
    Nature Trail To Hell
    Gump
    Another One Rides The Bus
    Dare To Be Stupid
    Yoda
    Genius In France
    Polka On 45
    Hot Rocks Polka
    Albuquerque
    One More Minute

FAVORITE ALBUMS:
    1. In 3-D
    2. Dare To Be Stupid
    3.UHF Soundtrack
    4. Running With Scissors.
    5. "Weird Al Yankovic"

The UHF movie is great!
    The Live video from '99 is pretty good.

My sister's favorites:
    ALBUM:
    Dare To Be Stupid
    SONG: Dare To Be Stupid
    LIVE DVD CUT:
    Dare To Be Stupid

I went to a flea market a few weeks ago. I saw the UHF soundtrack and his self titled on cassette. I also found a Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed 8-Track there. I brought them up to the vendor and asked him how much for them all. He said five dollars. I accepted immediately. He then pulled out an Eat It 45 single from under a desk and said I could have it as well! The cassettes played great! The single had a crack in it but I think that was because my dog sat on it on the ride home.

Thank you Weird Al, for the thousands of laughs you've brought to me and my family and the thousands more.

3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Yes, it is stupid. Brilliantly stupid! Absolutely genius stupid!

One of the things I love about Weird Al's music, is that the parodies frequently have better lyrics than the original song. I'm the sort of person who listens carefully to lyrics, and lyrics that don't flow well really grate on my ears. I think a lot of artists should approach Weird Al with their original lyrics, and have him give them a polish before they record the song.

4. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

Vintage toaster. My mom still uses the one she got as a wedding gift in 1963.

Nipper likes this.
  5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Like all of us - Weird Al in quarantine...
    March 24, 2020

"Classical Gas"

Nipper, kwadguy and Chris DeVoe like this.
  6. MrJerry1876

Here are a bunch of neat stills from the UHF movie [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. MrJerry1876

Some more
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.