Well I did it! Again

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DjBryan, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member Thread Starter

For years I used to dj in clubs with a turntable a technics 1400. It sat for about 12 years. I purchased a new nice cartridge and played my record in years a ep collection of the Beatles I bought in the 80's. I set the needle down and guess what???? The turntable was dusty inside and wouldnt keep speed :sigh: But after cleaning insides I got a chance to hear what eveyone has been talking about. As a person who has an ear for cd's, playing them 5 to 6 nights a week, I was really excited to hear the mono yesterday ep. The mix of the voice was outstanding. Upon further playing I found that some of the ep's had defect in the grooves, Hey Jude had a glob like spot on the disc, a couple others did too. But One thing I found, forgot I had was 45 like picture discs. Are these rare? Anyway. Im going back to my parents house and getting my old lps that are sitting at home. I was at a record store, "with the beatles mono" sealed for $30.00 is that high or about right, sorry for so many issues... Just happy to have TT again, thanks Happy Holidays :edthumbs:

2. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

That sealed mono "With The Beatles" is probably one of the current variety. Meaning that (and all the other titles) are made from digital masters which are inferior and IMO $30 is way to high my friend. If there's bar-coding on the back cover, stay away.

Keep your eye out for the good stuff, UK pressings made from good ol' analog masters, or other import titles such as the German "Magical Mystery Tour."

Happy hunting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.