What are your YouTube "guilty pleasures"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Andrew, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

There's this video artist called CYRIAK...
    I've seen a lot of weird, creepy things in my day... but, his work just might take the cake..

2. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

People dancing in Sushi costumes:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I've posted his video for Bonobo here before...this one's killer.

4. Thermionic Dude

Thermionic Dude Forum Resident

Weird food, you say? (NOT for the squeamish!)

5. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

MikaelaArsenault and Bob_in_OKC like this.
  6. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I watch more youtube now that I can put it up on my TV.

MikaelaArsenault and Andrew like this.
  7. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

My YouTube guilty pleasure is X Factor auditions.

8. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

Cats and skateboards are always fun to watch:

9. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

I've been binging on Norm Caruso's video lately. "Gaming Historian." I don't play games anymore, but this guy is so knowledgable. And... to be quite frank, I think he's absolutely adorable. :hide::hide::hide:

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault and turnersmemo like this.
  10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

His videos are great! Very informative and entertaining too. :)

11. The7thStranger

He seems like a really classy guy. A breath of fresh air in comparison to everybody else who makes commentary on video games.

12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I noticed he's a little more mature than a lot of the usual ones who try to rip-off James Rolfe.

13. The7thStranger

The Angry Video Game Nerd is awful. Absolutely awful.

I don't mind him when he's out of character, though.

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

If you can look past the skits, he makes a lot of valid points about some really awful games, though. And he's really good at video production and editing.

15. The7thStranger

He did some reviews where he was out of character, and they're quite good. I just can't stomach the 10-year-old poop humor. We get it. Diarrhea is meant to be funny. Next...

I liked some of the Game Grumps (with JonTron only) stuff, but they've had some uncomfortable homophobic remarks in their videos.

16. ladycat

ladycat Forum Resident

I don't know why storm troopers are funny to me but this is one that always gets a laugh from me

17. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

Speaking of that, has anyone here ever heard of the Irate Gamer? Here's everything (aside from ripping off James Rolfe) that's wrong with his reviews:

- Little-to-no research; "Sega released the Genesis to compete with the Super Nintendo." The Genesis came out in 1989, while the SNES hit the shelves in 1991.
    - Poor grammar skills; "I don't bow down for no one", "Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde princible", "one of the most hardest games on the NES"
    - Incorrect pronunciation; flaws = "flawls", occult = "oh-cult", frustrating = "FUSTrating", portal = "port hole" (seriously?! o_O) Both Chris Bores (IG) and I are from Ohio, but I've never known anyone who pronounces certain words like he does.
    - Over-abundance of special effects; IG puts fake explosions in almost every game he plays, etc.
    - Complains about the most ridiculous aspects of games, such as the fact that the Magnavox Odyssey not having good graphics compared to the 21st century or the sound effects in Brutal Legend being "out of place"
    - Steals footage; Sonic Generations and History of Video Games Part 3 or 4
    - Edits footage in some games to make them seem worse than they really are
    - Poor gaming skills in almost every game he plays; he's actually MUCH worse at them that Darksydephil (DSP) is. BTW, look DSP's videos up too; they're so bad that they're good...

His videos are so infamous that there is an entire blog dedicated to all of their problems. Even the non-game related videos are not safe! - Irate Gamer Sucks »

I admit that I used to be an Irate Gamer fan back from 2008 to 2011. Around January 2011, I finally caved in and watched AVGN's videos, and only then did I realize just how bad IG's content was. Nowadays, I still keep up with that blog just to see what shenanigans IG is currently up to. By the way, the only IG review that I enjoy anymore is Aladdin, and even then, it's just because of how bad it is. You truly have to see it to believe it...:

MikaelaArsenault and turnersmemo like this.
  18. Steve Carras

Steve Carras Golden Retriever

That nerdy Miranda Sings chick. I really REALLY wanna chick like her for a girlfriend.

And ANY KITTEN videos.....:)

19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Ugh.. I can't stand him.

Have you seen the "I Can't Believe It's Not The Angry Video Game Nerd" series? It's very funny and they tear him to shreds. :)

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT AVGN!: Aladdin Part 1 »

That's just one of the epiosodes- there are about a dozen more that go into his mistakes in other episodes. :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  20. Khaki F

Khaki F Forum Resident

Otto Waalkes. He's kinda mean though.

21. The7thStranger

I actually never understood all the crap IrateGamer gets. I mean, his earlier videos are definitely iffy, but he's gotten a lot better at what he does. He's always been easier to watch than Rolfe, whose smugness just oozes from the television-- at least when he's not running around screaming about diarrhea donkey tit shïtballs or something.

Also, "oh-cult" is how I pronounce "occult."

22. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

+ 1

I cant help it!! I just feel a strange kind of satisfaction from seeing a sebaceous cyst exploding!!

23. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I actually watched all of the ICBINAVGN videos back in February and March. It was quite a ride to say the least :D

24. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Dark Shadows and General Hospital reruns.

25. John54

John54 Senior Member

Personally, if I were a gaming fan, I would skip the Angry Gamer and the Irate Gamer in favour of the Slightly Miffed Gamer ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.