What Artists/Albums Do You Love But Are Embarrassed Of?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by StevenC, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

That's how I've always felt...as I like to say, "If I cared what other people thought of me I wouldn't be the person I am today.":righton:
    Nope. What can I say? I guess I've always been comfortable enough in my own skin that I've never really worried about it. Life's too short, man. My wife's the same way -that's one of things we've always liked about one another, actually. I am pretty sure if she wasn't she would have run away screaming the minute she saw my profile on the dating website, I laid it out pretty bluntly there:laugh:

I wear my musical tastes like a badge of honour...hell, I'm proud to like albums like, say, Dirty Work or Extra Texture that a lotta people tend to love to hate- it shows that my tastes are my own. Like what you wanna like, dislike what you wanna dislike and never feel you have to apologize or feel guilty about it, that's how I've always looked at it:cheers:

royzak2000 likes this.
  2. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Actually, that never changed. The kids, who got mocked out then, just gathered in the group home here for "strength in numbers."

kendo likes this.
  3. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

None, actually - as the majority of posters have said, I stand for what I love and if anyone would want to mock me for owning a copy of Rod Stewart's Atlantic Crossing, so be it - I don't ****** care :cool:

4. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur. Thread Starter

but did you hang up the oversized poster than came with "Foolish Behaviour"?
    :)
    Actually, people are forgiving of his all his late 70s/early 80s output after realizing it could be much worse (The Great American Songbook)

LeBon Bush likes this.
  5. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Unfortunately, I'm still missing FB - would definitely hang up that poster, though :D

6. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

I'm with @ralphb as far as no longer really caring if someone thinks what I'm listening to is "cool" or not.

I got the last obnoxious music snob that I really did not want to be friends with anyway out of my life a long time ago.

F them.

Having said that, I recently bought a CD copy of The Best Of The Archies as I just had to hear the song Jingle Jangle again after all these years.
    The song and album did not disappoint....:)

Man at C&A and ralphb like this.
  7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I'm a long-time fan of the Carpenters, going back when I heard the album Horizon. That album made me a fan, and soon I sought out as much of their music as I could find via garage sales.

I've never cared too much about what other people think when it comes to music. In high school in the 1970s I was a fan of country and pop music when it seemed that everyone else in my school was a fan of rock.

For me, a good song is a good song and I find many of them from a multitude of odd sources (anime, cartoons, movies). Among my favorites:

"Little Eefin' Annie" by Joe Perkins

JohnB likes this.
  8. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

There is a book of collected stories by Nobel Prize winning physicist Richard Feynman titled What Do You Care What Other People Think?

[​IMG]

If that attitude is good enough for someone as smart as the father of nanotechnology, it's good enough for me.

Terrapin Station likes this.
  9. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Embarrassed. ...never!!!in fact as time goes on I've found expanding my collection to formerly "forbidden" artist's like atephend bishop....Peter allen!!!Christopher cross.....mainly due to recommendations from my current favorite singer....RUMER!!there's so much talent out there....past & present!!

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. WMTC

WMTC Forum Resident

I cannot get enough of this song right now. Just discovered it a few days ago, and have probably played it 200 times since!

Brian Kelly likes this.
  11. Silksashbash

Silksashbash Forum Resident

I don't even understand the concept of "guilty pleasure", let alone could ever be embarrassed about anything I like. You have to pick a genre and stick to that exclusively until you die? Sod that.

Chris DeVoe and Terrapin Station like this.
  12. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

As opposed to a day-enhancing crucifixion? :p

13. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

weak album though

14. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I wear my Weird Al Yankovic tour T-shirts with pride!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.