What do I have?? Info please.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by inperson, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inperson

inperson Senior Member Thread Starter

I just bought a red colored vinyl album that was pressed in Japan by Odeon. It is called "The Fresh Sounds From Liverpool". It seems to be number 9 like "The Fresh Sounds From Liverpool #9". It is NM and white label with the titles of the songs typed on the label. It is in a plain white sleeve with some Japanese writting on it (the song titles). The songs on side one are...
    1. Please Please me Beatles
    2. Bits and Pieces Dave Clark Five
    3. Good Golly Miss Molly Swinging blue Jeans
    4. I'm in Love The Fourmost
    5. Little Bitty Pretty One ??
    6. I love You Baby ??
    7. 5-4-3-2-1 ??
    side 2...
    1. I want to Hold Your Hand Beatles
    2. Glad All Over Dave Clark Five
    3. Hippy Hippy Shake Swinging Blue Jeans
    4. Little Children Billy J Kramer with Dakotas
    5. A World w/o Love ??
    6. I Like It ??

Is this a keeper? It certainly appears to be from the 60's. Where I found it is more crazy and I paid less than $2.00:) Any info on this would be great. Thanks

inperson

2. inperson

Nevermind, I found some info. Quite pleased too.

inperson

3. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Whoever compiled the album must not have known that the Dave Clark 5 were from London, not Liverpool. At least they got the right country.

4. posieflump

posieflump New Member

Billy J. Kramer is a Mancunian, Peter and Gordon were Londoners, and Manfred Mann were from all over the place!

Mart.

5. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Whoa podner - spill the beans! What'd you find out about this set?

6. inperson

Well, I found a picture on the original sleeve. I also found out that is is rare and a desired lp. Why? I am not sure. Maybe because of the two Beatles cuts. I think the site I found some info about it was asking about $190 (I know, I know :rolleyes: ) for his and it is just a common copy. Mine is a white label test pressing (at least I think it is). Look at my description on the first post. Today I went back to the same shop and found a Japanese Beach Boys Concert Red Vinyl lp (mint) Capital test pressing and The Shadows (Thunderbirds All Systems Go!) Black vinyl but still a test pressing. And some others things I am still trying to figure out. But I believe those are the best. 20 test pressings for about $30.00!:) One is a Hawaiian Music red vinyl test pressing, funny but nice none the less.

inperson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.