What do your nieghbors think of your stereo?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ronflugelguy, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Todd,

Scary to be so close to as well. One day you see your very nice neighbor in the hall and the next day he is gone. Rejection and betrayal of trust can be very difficult for some people while most of us simply "move on"....A lesson I learned from being close to this tragedy, is that life is short....too short to empower someone else to ruin my life or take away my passion for living! Besides, I have not heard the DCC Soft Parade yet...

Bob

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

...or the Cameo-Parkway catalog on CD...

Does anyone even care anymore?

3. Bob Lovely

Cameo-Parkway Catalog

Grant,

Because of the age of the material and the passage of time you may be correct. Perhaps, the time has passed. I would still love to hear Chubby Checker, The Orlons, Dee Dee Sharp, The Dovells and Bobby Rydell on a well mastered CD set. I have all this material on CD's that were mastered from mint vinyl. However, they have been no noised, etc., etc.

Bob :(

4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Bob,

It must have been very scary and sad. I've had a lot of tragic experiences in my life with people killing themselves or even worse taking other people's lives. You never can understand fully why these things happen or have to happen. What's also important is that you weren't in that bedroom when the bullet entered. You were lucky. We all wish someone could have reached the neighbor before he carried out his choice or he admitted he needed help dealing with his problems and found other choices. As we all know, suicide not only hurts the individual but everyone else connected to their lives. We don't live in this world alone. I'm going through a separation in my marriage right now and life isn't that pretty but I'm getting tons of support from friends and loved ones. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to deal with these things alone and isolated. As I said, we don't and never live on this earth alone. We should always turn to the people out there who care and always be available for the ones who need us. Even strangers or neighbors need love and compassion. Life and peace matter so much more than all the "empty" things we get so wrapped up in. I wish as a society we could learn to be more open and honest rather than closed and suspicious. There are a lot of people out there who need help who are either to frightened, unaware or angry to ask for it. We have a lot of work to do as a world. Agendas are only agendas. Life is what matters and the quality of it...

Todd

5. Bob Lovely

Todd,

I too have experienced my share of emotional pain. I guess most adults have. Emotional pain is part of the human condition. I agree with your observations. I have tried to grow and mature from the painful experiences that have humbled me, made me more compassionate, more patient and a better human being. Like all of us, I have my days. I believe because of the way we live today, it is very easy to feel isolated. Good luck with your situation and remember you are stronger than your most painful memory. We all are!...sometimes we just do not realize it.

Bob

6. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Thanks, Bob!

7. Mart

Mart New Member

Getting back to the subject of the thread with all due condolances to the suicide's loved ones, my neighbors like my Krell powered Magnepan HT but aren't too thrilled about my twin Velodyne FSR18s.

Plus, they aren't that thrilled with my NAD receiver propelled DIY speakers in my bedroom even though I purposely designed them to attenuate the lowest octave for their benefit. In fact, it starts rolling-off a half-octave higher than even that.

8. Edge_88

Edge_88 New Member

loud music

hehe my dad tells me to turn the stero down all the time that sux

9. Mike

Mike New Member

You crack me up Edge. :D Pretty soon you'll have your own pad and you can crank the tunes! On the down side, you will also have to pay rent. ;)

10. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam

The downstairs neighbors appreciate the quality of Stu Cook's bass playing thru 12" woofers powered by tubes right now. Graveyard train.... WOW , big level increase on Good Golly Miss Molly. Really, they're not home.

11. Mart

Mart New Member

Had one neighbor in the apartment above me who loved the vibrating floor. He was even more impressed when he visited & discovered just how quietly I was playing music. He thought I was cranking it to produce such LFE subsonic bass! He noticed a lack of ear pressure & we held ane xtensive civil discussion at normal conversational volume. He asked to return.

12. Upstateaudio

Upstateaudio Senior Member

Hey Mart, you're practically a neighbor. I'm from Niskayuna.

Anyway, my next door neighbor is pretty tolerant. You told me they got used to the music. I've always told them to call me if the music gets too loud. I have yet to receive aphone call. Wonderful neighbors. In any case, I think my tastes have mellowed out from classic and progressive rock more to jazz and classical. So that has helped.:)

13. Mart

Mart New Member

Ah yes, "Niskayuna", the Mohawk native word for high taxes. I used to live in SUe Ellen Gardens. It's a good thing too. My old apartment was flooded by an early thaw a few years back. Also, I think the Niskayuna Gardens conglomerate bought them. I think they now have a monopoly in the town on apartment buildings complexes. And, from what I recall at the time, said conglomerate built none of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.