What is the worst kids show your young kids watch?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aar Gal, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeroninety

Zeroninety Forum Resident

It struck me one day while watching with my toddler that Peep, Chirp, and Quack are basically family friendly bird equivalents of Stan, Kyle, and Cartman from South Park. :p

MikaelaArsenault and Aar Gal like this.
  2. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I have to pile on Cailou here. That show sucked so bad that my daughter would make fun of him, and this was when she was the target demographic for the show.
    I'm so thankful I never had to watch that wretched show more than 2 or 3 times.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. GMDuss

GMDuss I Get A Custom One?

Every time one of my kids would throw a tantrum one of the others would say, in mock-Grandma voice, "Caillou was very upset!"
    I have four kids, and I also have a niece who behaved just like Caillou (only meaner) until she was 18 years old. She has become a most unpleasant adult as well.

Do you guys need me to define P.A.B?

4. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

Caillou's got nothin' on the dreck available on YouTube.

My son is 11 now. so not so much into the kiddie shows, however, I did let him watch Caillou when he was little. I watched a few episodes with him and it was a "whatevs" kinda show. He knew he couldn't pull that whiney bit with me...he was just in it for the camaraderie. But he started watching EvanTube on YouTube (a kid who was then around his same age) ...this kid was a millionaire back then, just from doing "unboxings". The whole show is nothing but a commercial. I put the kaibosh on that quick. Another thing he started watching was...other people playing video games. WTF? Just play 'em yourself, boy! I let him pick one to keep watching and forbade any more. He's still into DanTDM at this point, but ...whew, glad he's not into others.

There was a period when he was into "try not to laugh" type stuff, but again, I parented that outta him.

For as much crap as Yo Gabba Gabba received, I didn't think it was all that bad and actually enjoyed a bit of it with him.

Considering that was neigh on a decade ago, I can't imagine what's out there now.
    What is this "PAB"?

5. Welshman

Welshman Forum Resident

Ryan's Toy Review. My God. It's on YouTube so may not count, but 5 minutes will have you dreaming of a 12 hour Caillou marathon.

6. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Dont bash Caillou too Much. They're Canadian, what do you expect? ;)

7. GMDuss

GMDuss I Get A Custom One?

Punk A** B*tch

DaveySR and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  8. BeatleBruceMayer

BeatleBruceMayer Forum Resident

He has his own show on Nickelodeon. It is awful. My kids are 7 and 9 and still love it.

MikaelaArsenault and Welshman like this.
  9. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

I still can't figure out what "Spongebob Squarepants" is about. I've tried. It's logic is impenetrable to adults. (Pokemon, too).

10. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

Silly fun! Or the gay-ification of our our youth, whichever you ascribe to. :shrug:

Spongebob isn't all that bad. But you didn't try very hard in applying logic to either SpongeBob or Pokemon, did you? Pokemon's a decent (for kids) card trading game. I'd assume the cartoon is based on the adventures of said game's characters.

11. Mr. Rogers was also too late for me as well but I do remember watching Captain Kangaroo and the sincerity and lack of pandering is what makes it a pleasant memory. Barney, on the other hand, was always about selling toys IMHO. Yes, they focused on some values messages but good God, the show was just awful.

Vidiot and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  12. Yeah Thar’s another one. My daughter whe. She was 3 told me that ‘power rangers hurt people’ because she saw the violence on the show without context.

13. I don’t have a problem with it. It’s the Bullwinkle and Rocky oF it’s day. The episode with the Bear Shark is funny as all get out. It’s like watching a Warner cartoon with a bit more plot.

14. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

IIRC the first season wasn't too bad. Caught a few minutes of it a few months ago and it was absolutely unrecognizable garbage.

15. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Im a 47 year old semi-educated (adult) male. I think Spongebob is hilarious. Especially when you put in context that Mr. Krabs was the Kurgan. ;)

Scope J and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Everyone always likes to point in Out how much I resemble one of the Kratt brothers. I like it but the animated bits are beyond stupid.

MikaelaArsenault and Aar Gal like this.
  17. Aar Gal

Aar Gal Monkberry Moon Delight Thread Starter

Beat Bugs is easily the best show mine watches...I always suggest it when we are putting on tv...good stories and characters and a great way to introduce the Beatles music!

Curious George is good and funny. Peppa Pig is decent.

Team Omizommi is good for teaching, lots of positives there.

Chip and Potato is truly awful...I hate, hate, hate it!

18. Aar Gal

Which one? :D:D

[​IMG]

19. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

The blonde one who got fat;). The real one not the animated one.

20. timind

timind phorum rezident

We watched my grandson for a couple days a while ago. The show I remember was Boss Baby. Seemed pretty awful to me.

Aar Gal likes this.
  21. Aar Gal

Hahaha..that’s Martin, my daughters favorite.

I read a review of the stage show in which one mother wrote that Martin was continually winded following the minimal physical exertions. He was constantly out of breath and sweaty, so Chris would laugh for just a little bit too long each time to give Martin a chance to catch his breath...

22. Aar Gal

Anyone had to watch ChuChu TV...it was on YouTube and now on Netflix...those bloody eggs are so annoying!

Lucas the spider on YouTube is great though

23. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

I remember my mother being very concerned with me and my friends slapping each other, and poking each other in the eyes because of The Three Stooges, but she never banned them, and I turned out OK. :drool:

Vidiot and Instant Dharma like this.
  24. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Yeah so did I you numbskull. Woob woob.

DaveySR likes this.
  25. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

I was shocked when I spied the kids watching some Netflix cartoon - Big Mouth.

Pretty edgy stuff.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.