What is your endgame integrated amplifier?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Naka9, Nov 6, 2022.

1. whaaat

whaaat LT Fanatic

Audio Note Jinro, but that’s probably a few years off.

NapaBob, Richard Austen and jonwoody like this.
  2. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

Thank you Taylor, a beautiful piece that has much more 'heft' than I imagined :agree:

Thanks Tony, Christmas did come early for me :winkgrin: The Amp definitely has that Cary 'meat on the bone' signature that I enjoy :agree:

One of the advantages of being old and retired is, it's Xmas Break every day:righton:

3. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

First of all congrats on your amp she's a beaut! Also I very much dig replacing break-in with ripen it just sounds more appealing. ;) Also I personally love the GL KT-77 have fun tube rolling!

4. Oelewapper

Oelewapper Plays vinyl instead of installing it on the floor.

I’ve grown up with power amps; I’ve always had those since I was 15.
    I don’t think I would be able to settle with an integrated as an endgame component.

5. Naka9

Naka9 music first audiophile Thread Starter

The Gamut Di150SE could a a contender...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gingerly

gingerly Change Returns Success

The Michi S5 is one of the finest amplifiers I have ever heard... in many ways better than D'Agostino and VAC top of the line stuff. Possibly the blackest backgrounds and best image separation of any amp ever. The matching preamp is not nearly as good, sadly.

timind and james like this.
  7. Naka9

An endgame amplifier could be just one with superior quality, well built and user friendly, that allows us to build a system around it. It has to be stable, balanced, well equipped, and powerful. It has to look and feel nice.
    All that... to stand the test of time and will to upgrade.

[​IMG]

All this could be, for some betting on great value, the Vincent SV-237MKII hybrid integrated.

I am using the SV-237MK (identical to the MKII without the Bluetooth) and am loving it...it simply extracts the best of every speaker in my system, to a new level. The build quality makes some pricier amps look like a toy.
    It takes time to burn - at least 500 hours - so have this in mind.

In the end, it not a wrong thing if it is affordable :)

8. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

Probably not ready to call it an end game integrated at this point, but after bringing home a Boulder 866 on a whim to demo I fell in love and just placed an order for one. The demo piece in the pick had to go to the next guy, now the wait…
    [​IMG]

9. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

At some point in time will probably go to Yamaha AS3200 from my Yamaha AS2200 but right now no need still very very satisfied with it. But someday :)
    Love these amps :)

10. rj_755

rj_755 Senior Member

End game integrated amp for me is something that doesn't have to be crazy expensive, something that give me musical joy, I won't obsess over it, and won't worry much if something bad were to happen to it.

goldwax and bjlefebvre like this.
  11. P3ESRXD

P3ESRXD Arnaud, still enjoying...with what I have

Just now it's Sugden A21 I'm listening to "happily" for many days every kind of musics.

Not end game amp. (maybe) but I feel it is this one :hide:.

12. rj_755

rj_755 Senior Member

Maybe an Air Tight integrated could be end game for me. My Luxman MQ88 is pretty damn nice.

Tawaun A Williams, Naka9 and mreeter like this.
  13. georgebz1

georgebz1 Remember 1939. Stop Putin Now.

I've never had tubes or class A so I'm thinking a Line Magnetic 518IA or Audio Note OTO SE for tubes and a Luxman L550AXII or Accuphase E-280 for solid state.

I've got Cornwalls so I don't need lots of watts. Since I've already got an AB solid state I'd want to try a tube amp first. That way it's less likely to be a sideways move in terms of sound.

At my age whatever I choose next could my endgame amp. Ha!

14. Naka9

The Esoteric A-100 is amazing :)

[​IMG]

15. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

Isn't it a power amplifier?

16. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

That LS550AXII looks mighty nice. Maybe someday. I bet even though it says 20 watts Class A .. I bet the total Class AB watts once it goes there is more like 100. The first 20 watts are class A and then it probably puts out a lot more after that. It’s built like a brick house ! :)

17. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

i keep a couple smaller integrateds around for bedroom system or testing speakers etc. and to get a different taste than my usual separates system:

Almarro A205A

Red Wine Audio Signature 15

probably my end game integrateds? i dunno. But both quite enjoyable in their ways and affordable on the used market

18. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Unison Unico Nuovo is where I get off the integrated merry-go-round. It'll be either this or separates for me.

19. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

Possibly the Riviera Levante as I've read it's a magical pairing with Devore O's.

[​IMG]

20. Naka9

21. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

That's a nice one!.....and it does work extremely well with DeVores.

Ontheone and mreeter like this.
  22. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Blooming love integrated amplifiers and thus enjoying this thread.

23. trickness

trickness Gotta painful yellow headache

Not sure but I’m guessing something made in Japan with 300B tubes and lots of silver that costs over 100k. Always a good recipe! :laugh:

jonwoody and Helom like this.
  24. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

Naka9 likes this.
  25. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Back in the 50’s when I lived at home with my parents we had a Clairtone console all in one that I thought was real nifty. If you were to have asked me then I would have picked I as my “end game” unit for music.
    Strange but somehow I wouldn’t make the same choice today.

Swann36 likes this.