What is your favourite album of all times

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Airbus, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Electric Ladyland
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience

So much scope and inspired invention here, simply put this is a musical banquet to be forever marvelled at and enjoyed leaving the listener in a sated wonder.

PADYBU, sgb and maui jim like this.
  2. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

Thanks!

3. Dansk

Dansk rational romantic mystic cynical idealist

I have my disagreements with Christgau here and there (his sneering dismissal of Rush, for one) but he's right about this album.

I've listened to the song Share a good half-dozen times now, I'm hooked. It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. The ambiance is phenomenal: that guitar, that organ, those horns! (My god, those horns.) All beautifully mixed by someone with a wonderful understanding of the value of subtlety. I'm in love!

4. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Had to give this some more thought since my earlier post doesn't even really attempt at an answer.

I don't believe there ever will be one album that will remain favourite, over all others, for all of time.

Rather, at one time or another there have been and will continue to be different albums that I have/will call favourites.

Mòst recently these are some which might be considered "current" top-favourites :
    ( purposely limited to Rock only, for consideration)

Ike & Tina Turner and the Ikettes
    Come Together ( 1970 )

Neil Young & Crazy Horse
    Rust Never Sleeps ( 1979 )

Frank Marino
    Juggernaut ( 1982 )

Mahogany Rush
    Real Live! ( 2004 )

Badfinger
    Straight Up ( 1971 )

The Who
    WHO ( 2019 )

Of course I could list hundreds of albums that remain all-time favourites, but ranking them would prove rather precarious an undertaking. Even the list above is bound to change in less than three months time.

5. RunHomeSlow

RunHomeSlow Safe As Milk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.