What old TV shows have you been watching lately?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YarRevenge likes this.
  2. TheNightfly1982

TheNightfly1982 Forum Resident

Rags to Riches, which ran on NBC from March of 1987 until January of ‘88. I bought the DVD release from Image Entertainment.

3. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

I watched Twilight zone and Alfred Hitcock presents last night always my favorite.

4. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

star trek (tos)

5. It looked this bad. We just couldn’t see it. Add in the fact that the video masters are 36 years older....the higher resolution-the first DVD’s of Star Trek looked like this as well show due to the lower resolution video format. Now more coild,have been done including filtering, pure zing, digital clean up, etc. to k prove the image quality but it’s unlikely CBS coild or would have paid that at the time.

it’s a pity that it was assembled on videotape for the post-production of the show but it was a common cost cutting move at the time(or became more common I should say).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Michael likes this.
  6. The Immortal.

BwanaBob likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

granted, but still all in all I'm happy to have the complete 80's (3 Seasons) and Season 1 of the 2002-2003 series of which they did not continue...

8. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

lol a week ago I watched first episode of VIP with Pamela Anderson, just one episode. I vaguely remember when it was on, but I never watched it, so I decided to see one episode. It's definitely a guilty pleasure tv. Interesting that first episode featured Bryan Cranston as a sleazy owner of a body guard agency :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  9. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

Some of you may recall a gritty police show called N.Y.P.D in the late 60's, starring Jack Warden. As a kid it instilled a fear of NYC that I already had from growing up in Brooklyn in the early 60s. I loved that the show was 1/2 hr long so there was no filler. There are a handful of episodes on youtube. I just wish the rights holder(s) would get this properly released on DVD/Blu-ray.

rockclassics likes this.
  10. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Ironically, Frank Converse signed onto NYPD and it was in production when a prior show he was in, CORONET BLUE, became a late-blooming summer hit on CBS. Converse was committed to NYPD, so no further CORONET BLUE episodes were filmed. The irony is that CORONET BLUE got a DVD release while NYPD is nearly forgotten to time.

BwanaBob likes this.
  11. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

The Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour-I'm now receiving the Buzzr channel on cable, and I've watched this program that didn't have a long run during
    1984. Gene Rayburn hosted the Match Game part for the first half hour and Jon "Bowzer" Bauman hosted The Hollywood Square portion. I've watched
    the 70's Match Game shows a little bit on Buzzr, too.

I recently watched The White Shadow, which I hadn't seen in a long time, on the Decades channel, also. I enjoyed the program when it first aired. And because
    I reviewed online the DVD collection, I've viewed a lot of Betty White's 1971 series, The Pet Set. That show is absolutely delightful.

Marshall

"Betty White's Pet Set: The Complete Series" DVD Review

12. Kaskade10729

13. Django

Django Forum Resident

Today I watched an episode each of porridge, the professionals, Fawlty towers & Dempsey & Makepeace.

14. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

Makepeace was hot! I have the British DVDs but I understand they're cut for violence from an afternoon re-airing.

Django likes this.
  15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Death Valley Days

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  16. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YarRevenge likes this.
  17. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

all the old shows on Tubi.

18. Django

Django Forum Resident

It's the main reason to (re) watch it.
    It's was obviously a good show for Michael Brandon as well.
    He married her.

19. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have to say that the more of this show I watch, the funnier I'm finding it. Rickles is so great.

20. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I've just discovered that `My Favorite Martian' is on Amazon. I've not seen it since
    it originally ran circa 1964. The women in it are very attractive (which, alas, I didn't
    notice as a kid) and has Ray Walston always looked old?

sharedon and MikeInFla like this.
  21. NickySee

NickySee Forum Resident

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

This seems random but I Dream Of Jeannie The Complete Series is due for a blu ray upgrade in July. Hope they keep the first season in B&W.

Michael and AnalogueAndy like this.
  23. steelvelvet20

steelvelvet20 Forum Resident

Columbo
    The incredible hulk
    Cagney and Lacey
    Hart to hart
    Hammer house of horror
    Charlie's angels
    Chips

24. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

Currently making my way through The Avengers: Complete Emma Peel mega-set (which had been sitting on my shelf since buying it 15 years ago :(). Every morning (the joy of being retired), I crank up the ol’ Bialetti and have my morning cuppa with Emma!

Manapua and MerseyBeatle like this.
  25. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

:pineapple: Many thanks for the heads up!

Manapua likes this.