What stereo gear are you planning to purchase in 2021?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

yep the local bryston dealer here is not what i would call high end....and not into the loaner thing.

Tim 2 likes this.
  2. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

That is a real shame, especially given how close (relatively) you are to Simaudio's home in Quebec. Especially when you consider that I get exactly that service in Scotland almost 3,000 miles away. Looking there seem to be only two Simaudio dealers in Alberta, one in each of Calgary and Edmonton.

3. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

Then again maybe the distance is not so dissimilar!

4. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

There is a dealer not too far away in Edmonton but he does not stock much, one has to prepay for the gear then he will order it.

MGW likes this.
  5. carbonti

carbonti Forum Resident

Goodness, 2021 seems so long ago. Not a repeat of 2019 so there’s being thankful for the uneventful passage of time from that period, things even now still to slowly coalesce into the new normal and not simply a return to what was. Furniture mentioned ordered earlier this thread was bought but not great used for a sound room so was repurposed elsewhere in the apartment. An Eames lounge & ottoman was the replacement. Big furniture for a small room, dislike the look, won’t make the pages of Architectural Digest anytime soon. Such is life for an apartment dweller.
    What’s ahead? Dunno yet. Still wanna go SS in the pre but that’s a whole different kettle of fish.

6. Peter Allison

Peter Allison Forum Resident

I WAS going for new speakers, but a family health thing has meant its on hold until god knows when. So it will be new speaker cable, I am demoing a burnt in set of TQ Ultra Black II, and am also contemplating a curve ball that was mentioned to me the other day LS-40 Reference Loudspeaker Cables | ABCaudio webshop