What's a record that you know exists but you've never been able to find?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Crowley, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

2. Hoover Factory

Hoover Factory Old Dude Who Knows Things

3. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Here's mine: The Waterboys - The Crash Of Angel Wings

I know it exists because there's an EIL listing (long sold out, though) and there was a review of it on some German (?) pop music forum (can't find the link though).

I've been in talks with a guy who says he bought it when it was released, but even though he found all his other Waterboys rarities, this one is proving elusive.

wayneklein likes this.
  4. Having been released in 1989, a vinyl version of this is expected to exist. But it's just (scarcely) available on CD:

[​IMG]

vivalapsych likes this.
  5. TimeWarper

TimeWarper A Well Respected Man

Original Australian 1968 pressing of The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society on the Astor label.

Original Australian 1966 pressing of Pet Sounds (not the fabulous Beach Boys reissue)

Original Australian 1969 pressing of Odessey and Oracle

Wait I think I notice a pattern...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Mylene and izgoblin like this.
  6. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

[​IMG]

drift, Sean, Mylene and 2 others like this.
  7. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

When I was collecting, I could not find Elvis Presley's Speedway in mono. (Not that I like mono, it was because of its rarity being the last Elvis LP released in both mono and stereo).

8. FlexFantastic

FlexFantastic Mechano-Man of the Future!

A 2005 Slapshot release, Super Pro Hardcore, was only released on the band's European tour and limited to 50 copies. I foolishly wasn't on the ball when a single copy went up for sale at Discogs. Been checking my Wantlist emails daily ever since: Slapshot - Super Pro Hardcore

9. Joker to the thief

Joker to the thief Forum Resident

Once Upon A Time In Shaolin - but maybe for the best. There’s a 100% correlation between buying this album and committing a felony...

10. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I didn't know this existed, but would buy one if I saw it.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  11. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Verve - Voyager One

Pop_Zeus likes this.
  12. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Big Star 3rd promo(1975).

13. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

Finally able to track down a MONO vinyl copy on Verve. Quiet with barely any surface noise. Such an underrated gem of a recording.

14. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

It's mostly rare singles at this pont.

I've never physically seen an original stock 45 of Genesis "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" b/w "Counting Out Time" ....although someone is selling one on eBay for $800..... sigh... LOL

LivingForever, wayneklein and hi_watt like this.
  15. Often times it’s not a matter of not being to find it but being able to find it in either good shape or a reasonable price.

Prophetzong and WhoTapes1 like this.
  16. TimeWarper

So I just found an "Original Australian 1968 pressing of The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society on the Astor label." Only took 8 years.

17. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

Norwegian pressing of A Hard Days Night LP. A couple of reliable Norwegian collectors have confirmed it exists but I've never even seen a photo.

18. How’s it sound

19. TimeWarper

I don't have a British copy to compare it with, but I do have a needle drop of one from someone. It sounds pretty similar. This is because many records in Australia seemed to be printed with mothers and tapes from the country of origin (Eg. I know The Monkees records got the American tapes over here). In other words, it sounds very close to the British version. Mine isn't in fantastic shape though.

20. ErinH

ErinH Forum Resident

Just a random heads up, that I thought you and/or others might find useful.

I purchased one of the "Limited Edition" RAD albums off eBay last month. This guy:
    Various - Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack - Rad

I was hopeful that the "Digitally Remastered" and "Limited Edition of 1000 copies" brandishing would bode well but alas, when I got it in and ripped the disc down in FLAC and then fed some songs in to audacity there was a (practically) brick wall filter at about 15-16khz on all of them (at least, the main ones I cared enough to check). If I recall correctly, that brick wall indicates an mp3 encode bitrate of 128kbps. I attached the audacity spectrum of "Break the Ice" below.

So, yea... that sucks. Wish I could find a good vinyl rip of the album.

[​IMG]

21. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Nearly a year on, I have something that claims to be this on the way from eBay. Fingers crossed!

22. TheMovieRad

TheMovieRad If you want to count me, count me out

That’s a bummer. Mine is an original that my buddy overpaid for imo... maybe Lori Loughlin’s defense team will raise funds by releasing RAD on BluRay...

23. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I found the one I was looking for a year ago at a price I was willing to go (less than half of what I had seen it for) so at this point none are left in my search (until I think of something else)

24. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Pure Prairie League -Takin' The Stage - RCA Japanese pressing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.