What's On Your Turntable?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Taxman, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

All by NRBQ, and all newly added to the collection:
    Grooves in Orbit
    Diggin' Uncle Q
    Wild Weekend
    Atsa My Band

... and I have copies of All Hopped Up and Kick Me Hard on the way. Can't wait ...

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

CCR - Cosmo's Factory (mofi)

3. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

...A newly acquired copy of the soundtrack album to BLESS THE BEASTS AND CHILDREN. It contains, of course, Carpenters rendition of the title tune - but it's a different mix from anywhere else. I guess you could call it the "original" since it predates their own A SONG FOR YOU album or the "Rainy Days And Mondays/Superstar" single.

The basic tracks are the same, but the mix is a little different. Also, the familiar English horn in the opening and closing is replaced with a vibraphone-type sound.

4. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Picked up a batch of vinyl today. Favorite so far: Earl Klugh, "Finger Paintings" on MoFi vinyl. Can't wait to play the Brubecks I picked up, or the Peggy Lee "Mink Jazz".

5. reidc

reidc Senior Member

OK- now you guys did it!!!

Last evening I listened to Steve's Cosmos Factory on vinyl, then I broke out Crosby, Stills, and Nash(Nautilus Pressing), then proceded into Loggins and Messina "Full Sail" on Direct disk Labs label.

I even went to a place specifically looking for vinyl this morning, found out about a vinyl show(Chelmsford Mass April 10???).

Instead of breaking out the CD's I am now listening to a copy of Quadraphenia(Track label). I don't remember where I got this one, but vinyl looks clean, but lotsa rice crispies.

6. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Where exactly is Chelmsford? I might be willing to go ... it's been years since I've been to a record show.

Are you going? Maybe you could PM me with details, so we don't derail this thread ...

7. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Soundtrack to Porky's Revenge a CBS pressing from Holland.

8. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Jeff,
    I'll post it in a new thread- maybe others would be interested.

Chris

9. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

A 12" single record of OutKast's "Hey Ya"/"The Way You Move."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.