What's the first album you truly fell in love with?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BroJB, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellys

kellys Forum Resident

I was 14 and played the hell out of it in my bedroom,

2. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night (United Artists, Canada, mono, 1964)
    [​IMG]
    It was my Mom's from back in the day. I first heard it circa 1974, age 3. Played it constantly. Loved the pictures of the guys on the back. It was obviously a Canadian U.A. copy, red label. It's my avatar now, along with my original record player from back then. "Can't Buy Me Love" was my favorite. I still love this album! Even the George Martin instrumentals.

3. Myke Reid

Myke Reid Forum Resident

Stevie Wonder - Songs In the Key of Life (1976)

[​IMG]

timind, Old Rusty, pblmow and 2 others like this.
  4. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk Forum Resident

[​IMG]

...I was struck by its cover and when I first heard the title song and all those other songs, my love for that album is still huge....

Old Rusty likes this.
  5. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

The Monkees' Headquarters at age 6 and I still absolutely love it!

starduster and carlwm like this.
  6. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

A COLLECTION OF BEATLES OLDIES BUT GOLDIES - The Beatles (1966)

It was the Beatles' first official greatest hits collection. Released only in the UK in 1966 by EMI/Parlophone and some parts of Europe and Asia (e.g. the Philippines and Japan).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    timind and Fender Relic like this.
  7. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Occasional Esoteric Freak

Thanks to my parents I heard a lot of varied music when I was a kid, at home or in the car. When I was 11 (in ‘87) I started copying a lot of my parents ever growing CD collection to listen to in my bedroom. One album I played the most for the next 5 years, even after I started buying or borrowing new music, was Led Zep IV. It completely blew me away then, and although it’s an occasional listen now, I reckon without it playing I could play the whole album in my head from start to finish!

timind and wrappedinsky like this.
  8. jumboshrimp

jumboshrimp Forum Resident

9. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

The first album I was exposed to loved was Space Oddity by David Bowie, which my dad borrowed from the library and recorded on casette. I discovered Popped In, Souled Out by Wet Wet Wet in the same way but, unsurprisingly, it didn’t resonate in the sane way.

Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos was the first CD I bought myself and fell in love with. Aside from compilations, it was my second CD purchase. The first was Achtung Baby and I disliked as much of that as I enjoyed.

Space Oddity is now the only one of these I still listen to, though I’d be Facebook friends with Little Earthquakes if it asked me.

timind and wrappedinsky like this.
  10. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

One of my favourite albums of all time!

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  11. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

Being a 90s kid I first fell in love with nirvana never mind and 2nd was smashing pumpkins siamese dream. That is if you dont count the Disney cassettes I used to jam previous to the mentioned albums.

Old Rusty likes this.
  12. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git

Wow, this was the first one that popped into mind. I had listened to, and possessed, a bunch of albums before this, but Captain Fantastic was the one that genuinly stuck with me.

13. Easy one for me. Freewheelin Bob Dylan. I was 8yrs old and my gran bought it for me in Germany because i liked the cover.

Fender Relic likes this.
  14. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Dad brought this home and played it when I was four. Loved it from the start, particularly Touch Too Much. It kick started my love of rock music and ultimately is why I am on this forum typing this message. Cheers Dad. :righton:

15. Zack

Zack Senior Member

That is an incredibly offensive album cover.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  16. Zack

Zack Senior Member

No question this is it for me too. In about 1979.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  17. enfield

enfield Forum Resident

18. daltieri

daltieri The 80`s kick ass

PYROMANIA !!!!!!

starduster, carlwm, M2225 and 2 others like this.
  19. MicSmith

MicSmith Forum Resident

To be honest all my early purchases got played to death - it was the pull of music generally for me rather than an individual release so that would have been Elton John’s Honky Chateau, in answer to the question.

It would possibly be easier to say what was the first album that I bought but which I didn’t go for much......

That album would be Queen Sheer Heart Attack, which was the first album that I sold on after not being fully impressed (it’s mainly side 2 I don’t like). I played my CD copy the other week and side 2 is bonkers.

jeffd7030 and Fishoutofwater like this.
  20. Chimichurri

Chimichurri Forum Resident

ChangesOneBowie on cassette, in January 1977, age 10.

21. Mikey679

Mikey679 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Heard my older brother playing the title track in his bedroom, after that, I was hooked. I started collecting all their albums and it opened the floodgates to my love of music in general.

22. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras

Headquarters for me, too. We had the 8-track of this and a few others (Red Rubber Ball comes to mind) and it got played on every car trip, literally to death. Then I later discovered used record stores and was able to replace it.
    [​IMG]

starduster, carlwm and bvb1123 like this.
  23. recoverydog

recoverydog Forum Resident

The Cars-Panorama.

conjotter and daltieri like this.
  24. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

[​IMG]

vallilalainen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.