What's your favorite "hate watch"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Fastnbulbous, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenscreened

greenscreened Forum Resident

Gotta agree on that one.

It's a given that anything with a mic and camera is faked to some degree, and that show is surely no exception.
    What gets me is how he can contort that face so much with all that anger.

I tried to duplicate it in jest once, and only got about halfway before I feared I may stroke-out from all the tightness in my face.

Plus, all the alleged hidden cameras that are installed, yet it seems that some cameras are on some of the people as well, and furthermore they all act surprised when he shows up each and every show.

All that coupled with his character, at least, is a complete ______, yet I watch it when there's nothing better on.

2. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Hate watch? Life is too short.

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Baywatch Remastered. Seasons 1-9 have been digitalized into widescreen HD for Amazon Prime Video. I’m onto the 2nd season and it’s actually a really good show with good storylines.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  4. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

The View was always easy to mock...

[​IMG]

unclefred, Karnak, melstapler and 2 others like this.
  5. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

When we used to go to bars on a Saturday night Hawaii 5-0 used to be on with the sound turned down so we'd send it up mercilessly.

Lightworker and Fastnbulbous like this.
  6. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery

...The original Jack Lord series or the this-century revamp?

melstapler likes this.
  7. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Jack Lord. This was back in the 80's

WLL likes this.
  8. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Other than Melrose Place back in the day, last year's hate watch was The Walking Dead. I was so invested in it I followed in down the crapper. On the plus side tho, the hate built to the point I haven't seen a single second this season.

9. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

HEAL-AH!

Angley was great. We used to watch him as well.

My friends and I would also enjoy Sun Classic movies - In Search Of Bigfoot, In Search Of Historic Jesus--"The Algonquin Indians would speak of a bearded white man they called "Cheesus."" then the film would cut to Jesus on a dog sled.

Spaghettiows likes this.
  10. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

Any number of HGTV shows where the couple has a multi-million dollar house in Beverly Hills, but they are looking to buy a new house because their current one isn't good enough. Actually I have tried hate-watching those shows, but I can only tolerate them for a little while.

pig bodine likes this.
  11. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

My wife watches those. They're infuriating --25 year old childless married couples buying $750,000 houses. They have a $750,000 budget, the realtor will find something for$755k and they'll hem and haw about going over budget.

GodShifter and evillouie like this.
  12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I guess Hallmark Christmas movies. We rag on em the whole time.. until the end.... sniff

13. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

And a couple of exquisite underwear shots!

Pete Puma likes this.
  14. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

And of course there's always ABC's favorite family sitcom, "First World Problems" - I mean, Modern Family. I have nothing against the work they do cramming all those verifiably-good zingers in there, or the well-executed physical comedy, or even the way the manage to bring the themes of the episodes back to relateable issues the target audience can empathize with. It's just...they are so damn privileged, so damn removed from real people, and so damned overdrawn as characters who should have any problems in the world that shouldn't make the rest of us hate them on that basis alone.

I despise it, and no matter how I do, it just keeps getting awards and season renewals. AND, my wife loves it, and I have to sit there and watch it with her. It is such a waste of a reason to have Julie Bowen walk across my television screen.

15. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Yeah, agree for the most part.

Inside Edition is so egregiously stupid it's like rubbernecking - I can only take it for 5-10 minutes. Judge Judy's even worse.

And I don't know how anybody puts up with Survivor or any of its clones, or Batchelor/Batchelorette, even if it's only to make fun.

16. Left Field

Left Field #1 Shinboner

Seinfeld and Friends.

My wife loved them, I hated them and would always comment on the stupidity of Joey or Elaine. And then there is George. The worst character in the history of the world, if I'd met him in real life I'm sure I'd be spent the rest of my days in a maximum security prison.

evillouie likes this.
  17. Vinny123

Vinny123 Forum Resident

What about Tyler Perry’s, The Haves and Have Nots? Don’t have to watch the actual show. The commercials are enough.

18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

A local Christian TV station airs videos of someone giving speeches about how Rock music is evil and Satanic and sometimes I watch it just because it's so ridiculous, and funny, and full of incorrect basic information about musicians and music as a whole.

19. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Do people really "hate watch", or do these people deep down actually like the things they "hate watch", even if they cannot admit or recognize that? I think if someone is sitting and watching hours and hours of a show, it's likely not hate watching that is happening.

20. On a related but OT front: William Reid of the Jesus and Mary Chain once said he sometimes enjoyed listening to music he hated, because it riled him up and inspired him to try and make better music.

21. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Wow, exactly. I asked my wife, “should we just watch this show just to see the moment this guy has a heart attack on camera?”

Horrible thing to say, I know, but the show is basically the same formula over and over again — it's like pro wrestling.

No one would tune in if he wasn’t screaming vulgarities as some clueless bar owner.

22. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

23. I suggest not watching Curb Your Enthusiasm or going anywhere near Larry David.:agree:

Left Field likes this.
  24. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

Jason Alexander (George) was once a guest star on an episode of Star Trek Voyager, playing the part of a villain. Let me tell you, I rooted so hard for Captain Janeway and crew to kick his ****, and loved it when he got what he had coming. That's how much I can't stand George and all the other characters on Seinfeld!

Left Field likes this.
  25. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

Phoebe wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Left Field likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.