What’s your favourite Klipsch speaker?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Try raising them up about a foot, and see how good they sound. Mine are chest high, and the sound is very "direct". I like them this way.

Khorn and Clonesteak like this.
  2. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

I have the 6.5 tower speaker lower version. The one that I really like about this is the oversized cabinet (bass reflex capacity), with the horns. There were a few things that did to the speaker to it match it to my system which is adding more foam in the body and updating the crossover circuit with an added horn trimmer. Now it gives me that roomy sound on low or high volume without knocking me out with the "in your face" horn tweeter episode. What a big difference with the speaker position and distance listening comfort. I can easily listen to this cabinet all day long with my running my 300b. God I wish it was an 8". :-plnktn-:

In my other house which is out of the country with a real nice big listening room. I will pick La Scalla. In fact I found one here locally and the price is reasonable. The problem is I'll be spending a lot of money shipping it to Asia today. My future plan is sending all my gears using a 40ft container. I might as well do it all at the same time.

"Why Worry" - Dire Straits

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    MikeJedi, Daedalus and Khorn like this.
  3. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Don’t you lose the Bass that way? When I owned Heresy speakers way back I always read that the most you should do is use the slight slant riser( which you could get with speaker) but not to take them up off the ground. I never tried to do that but your take?

Chris Schoen and Khorn like this.
  4. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

The “naturalness” of the bass is a huge factor. It’s something you don’t really miss till you hear it then, you’ll never want to be without it.

Classic Car Guy likes this.
  5. Khorn

Klipschorn & bass, Among other things.

Klipschorn bass is the most realistic sounding bass I’ve ever experienced at home from a loudspeaker.

Klipschorns have the uncanny ability to reproduce the speed and tonality of the lower stand up bass strings as if you were sitting fairly close to the instrument at a Jazz Club.

Getting on, the ability to reproduce the slam of the lower piano registers, the heart wrenching strains of the cello as well as to me, the reality of the reproduction of woodwinds, (I just love the tenor sax) is irreplaceable. The greatly realistic brass reproduction can be totally moving to me.

All you have to do is find the proper driving electronics that suit both the speakers, and your particular personal situation.

I think Paul Klipsch designed more than just a loudspeaker, he also designed a real musical instrument. A feat that is very rarely accomplished in a loudspeaker.

The truly musical bass reproduction and much more is why I find I’m so deeply dedicated to them.

6. Classic Car Guy

That's what I'm after for too. That bass dynamics is not easily can be found on a separate subs.

Khorn likes this.
  7. I bought my 1976 LaScala's in 1984, flat black stage speakers for a local band.

Had them veneered.

Finally got to my audio goals and environment about 10 years ago after trying much gear.....just not my LaScala's.:) They were the constant.

They are well broken in by now.

8. Classic Car Guy

Last 3 years ago I bought a pair of RF8's. Its was a very nice sounding speakers but the sound was too big for the preference and size of my listening room due to the dual 8's I didn't anticipate that in the demo. If that was a single 8, more likely it will work for me and have it today.

The Pinhead and Khorn like this.
  9. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Just by looking at them, it's easy to fool oneself into thinking the room will take them. In my 12x13 room, my dual 6.5"s produce so much deep, clean bass no one can believe it. Maybe you should have gone with 6,5?

Classic Car Guy and Khorn like this.
  10. Classic Car Guy

That's nice. I had my especially if your speakers are set and place right where you want it, broken in and so as your system. What a big difference after using my amp with brand new tubes after 2 years. I check it on the tube tester so I know its all balanced and rotate it every 6 months. These 300b sounds sweeter the more you use it.

Khorn likes this.
  11. Smitty8451

Smitty8451 Forum Resident

I like all the Heritage line of speakers, but my current room size constraints have my currently running La Scala AL5 for my L/C/R and Fortee IV’s for my surrounds. I do augment some RS-62II’s for my rear surrounds and RB-62 II’s for front presence. This is for movies, most times I just do the L/R speakers utilizing my 2 channel gear in another room which consists of Rogue Audio and Luxman Tube gear.

Khorn likes this.
  12. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

I have never placed any speaker at knee level, my ears are higher than that :winkgrin:. Plenty of bass if you place them out from a corner about a foot or so, and toed in slightly.
    I use a Loki equalizer to bump up the bass a bit, and to tame highs (if needed). They sound great this way (imo). Only way to find out for yourself is to raise them up.
    Get a few milk crates (an inexpensive way to get them up,) and play music you know well.

Khorn, The Pinhead and Daedalus like this.
  13. Tajo1960

Tajo1960 Tajo = tayo (tata, dad ~ in slang)

I had a pair of RP-280F's in the past and those were my favorite Klipsch speakers :)

[​IMG]

14. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

Ive had Heresy I, II, Forte II, KG3 and KG4. In my limited field…. no doubt the KG4. Single horn fan, nice passive radiator. It matches beautifully with McIntosh MX110z / MC240 combo.

15. Classic Car Guy

I think the r8, 280f's and the newer ones are pretty much the same components and box dimensions besides a few differences and where its made. All I know all those cabinets are all 1 inch thick and definitely affects the overall tone per preference. Bottom line they all sound great.:agree:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  16. Classic Car Guy

Right now I'm on a quest for a vintage Klipsch with a single 8 inch speaker and a horn. There was one locally selling a 1997 that was in great shape but it wasn't the model I was eye-balling for a while due to the box size is smaller in litre that I'm after for. Since I had a taste of the newer Klipsch oversized box, I'm really hooked on the way how it delivers the sound from the high's all the way down the low frequency. The sound is just to die for.
    There is an audio note cabinet that I almost bought recently. Turned out the speakers are blown. Its a good thing I tested it before taking it home otherwise that would have been a fumble fest...:doh:

Tajo1960 and Khorn like this.
  17. Classic Car Guy

There is a sale going on now at Klipsch up to 50%. :-popcorn:

Khorn, MikeJedi and The Pinhead like this.
  18. Harris11235

Harris11235 Forum Resident

No Heritage stuff except these K-horns :)

Khorn likes this.
  19. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

and a hearty **** you to you.

Khorn and Jimi Floyd like this.
  20. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Well I finally heard my first Klipsch speaker, not counting super low end stuff, at CAF so I have to say the Forte I think it's IV now is my fave as its the only one I've heard. :cool: Having heard it I don't get folks hating Klipsch horns but I do have a natural affinity for horns.

Bananas&blow, Khorn and billnunan like this.
  21. theflattire

theflattire Forum Resident

RP5000f that replaced some Klipsch bookshelfs that I had.
    I want to move up; I just passed on some Heresy IIs for $600! I just don't have room in my apartment.
    Even going to 8" woofs might be too much so I'm kinda in upgrade limbo.

Khorn likes this.
  22. Khorn

23. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Thanks for the "Rick Roll"...

Bananas&blow and Khorn like this.
  24. bobdog

bobdog Forum Resident

I have never heard the Jubilee and it might be my favorite if I did.. I have owned KG4s. I still own 2 pairs of Forte 2s, Cornwalls in my garage/shop. My Main system is K horns modified with Martenelli Trachorn mid horns, JBL2404H tweeters and ALK crossovers in a room I specifically built from bare walls just for the corner horns There is a LaScalla center 2 Danley DTS10s and pro Klipsch theater surrounds. They are my endgame probably and I have no desire for more ever, but I think a MCM system in my room would probably stomp on what I have and probably beat the Jubilee handily.

SandAndGlass and Khorn like this.
  25. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

All this talk of 8 inch woofers .. I gotta say my RB 5 pair of speaks have awesome 8 inchers :) :) they really kick butt imo. Ymmv

fmfxray373, Khorn and Classic Car Guy like this.