Where Are You Buying Your Records & CDs From

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Omron, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Many albums that I'd been anticipating (Margo Price, Willie Nelson) have been pushed back from March/April due to the virus.

2. I'm not buying much, but when I do I'm shopping online as usual.

3. ToddH

ToddH Forum Resident

none. plenty of cd's, cassettes and records to listen to until this blows over..I did get the pearl jam album last week, but I bought it in january and I think I have the new Brian Fallon album coming soon...bought that before the cover-19 started also though.

tmtomh likes this.
  4. Glenn coates

Glenn coates Forum Resident

I’m doing the same, do miss going to record stores but I am surprised that I’m not missing sports as much as I thought I would.

The Cat 3 likes this.
  5. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Gonna start using Discogs mainly now. A lot of the discs I need are older masters that are a pain to come across in used stores here. So my plan is just buy one decently priced disc a week rather than hoping cheap stuff shows up on eBay auctions. FYI starting with the Sound + Vision Bowie remasters from '90

tmtomh likes this.
  6. JazzFanatic

JazzFanatic Jazz Man In Orbit

Purchased a few jazz hybrid SACD titles on sale for half price from Acoustic Sounds a couple of days ago. Got a shipping notice yesterday. On their way via FedEx. Should get them in a day or two.

7. 33Vinyls

33Vinyls New Member

Amazon, ebay and Discogs. Though I would have to anyway being I'm currently deployed with military. However, my local store at home is getting up and running online better. So I'll be checking them out to support them during this time.

8. Omron

Omron Forum Resident Thread Starter

I notice your in Surrey.
    Do you not use Rockbox ?
    They are a excellent shop but online only at this time.
    Whatrecords on line are worth a look.

9. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

Cds and SACDs from the Classifieds on here, WOW HD and direct from Dutton Vocalion.

tmtomh likes this.
  10. Greg Gee

Greg Gee "I tried to change but I changed my mind..."

I bought (ordered) a couple of SACDs from Acoustic Sounds two weeks ago today and they were my last purchase. The week before that, I purchased two Bear Family CD sets directly from Bear Family on ebay. I'm done buying new music until things get sorted out. I wanted to pick up the Goodbye Cream Tour CD set, but I've put any and all new purchases on hold.

SACD
    The Best of The James Gang
    Santana (1969)

Bear Family
    Robert Gordon & Link Wray - The Last Tour AND First Tour: Armadillo World Headquarters Austin, TX Nov. 9, 1977

11. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

Nowhere. Why risk it?

tug_of_war, ToddH and The Cat 3 like this.
  12. Buddybud

Buddybud Paisley DayGlo Freak!

Just non purchase downloads for me. I vacated to the family home in the country. Also put my collection and equipment in storage. I actually have dreamed about it recently... i miss it so much....lol. I only buy physical and locally so im mp3 boy for awhile.:(

13. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Only bills, food and necessities right now. I have at least 20K records and CDs plus streaming, that'll have to do since my hours were cut.

14. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

My local is closed and has no online component, so Plaid Room and also placed an order through Hi Voltage. Blue Note too. Was buying some stuff through Rough Trade, before they shut down.

15. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Buying records? Not buying records right now. Enjoying what I have. I don't forsee myself buying records until this is over, even if it lasts many months. Just a totally frivolous spending of money for someone with thousands of them already.

fenderesq likes this.
  16. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

I don't know Rockbox, will check them out!

Thanks!

17. The Lone Cadaver

The Lone Cadaver Bass & Keys Cadaver

There are only two new releases I'm looking forward to but I imagine they'll be pushed back. The only places I've bought CDs from in a long time are Amazon and Discogs.

18. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Forum Resident

Same, except classical and media mail. :)

19. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

[​IMG]

I get most of my music from the Columbia House Record & Tape Club.

11 records for only a dollar!

I finally got the newest KISS album in the mail and it's Amazing!

I think I like it even better than Destroyer!

I read in Circus that a new album called Love Gun will be coming out this summer!

Can't hardly wait!

TLMusic, The Cat 3, tmtomh and 8 others like this.
  20. Vibrolux_Reverb

Vibrolux_Reverb Forum Resident

Euclidrecords
    Plaidroom Records

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  21. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

Trying to help keep my regular indie stores alive by buying online. The local ones deliver by hand! Postage from the others. Spent wayyy too much this last couple of weeks, but if it helps them keep afloat, then it's money well spent. As I type, I'm waiting for the nice chap from Five Rise Records to wave a record bag at me over the fence (Lovely Eggs new one)

22. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

I've purchased some stuff from bullmoose.com which shipped immediately and I received within 2-4 days.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    tmtomh and CCrider92 like this.
  23. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

I've stopped going to record shows and most stores - the sores rarely have what I'm looking for at this stage of the game. I buy the cheapest I can online and at places with free shipping. I've not bought from Amazon in many years. I'd say that Bull Moose gets most of my business for new and used music.

24. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

My regular stores or from Discogs, like usual (Sweden are not that locked down).

25. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I'm not buying anything right now because I purchase almost all of my music in person. I'm not sure this is even the right time to be buying online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.