"Who" (2019) - New Who Album Coming 06-Dec-19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RayS, Sep 14, 2019.

1. The Big Guy

The Big Guy Forum Resident

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  2. The Big Guy

Mine was too. However I was able to notify my bank that it was a legit charge and reorder right away. It appears to me that the completest set is still available.

The Who - Official Store

johnny moondog 909 and J_D__ like this.
  3. Herman Schultz

Herman Schultz Forum Resident

What the heck. Why is that link different from this:

Music

That's the one I find when I go to the official site. No deluxe CD there. And no completist set.

4. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

Banks now are giving a 30 day window after the order is placed. Many orders were canceled but the people just re-ordered. The cards are being charged now because they saw no reason to charge before shipping. It's down to your bank. Some banks also flagged the orders as possible fraud and canceled them.

The reason you see the set on one store and not the other is that there are indeed two stores (UK & US) and they offer different versions. They are shipping now. Like I said banks are very cautious now. Just re-order and it will be charged right away.

5. The Big Guy

I think the site I linked is the UK site and yours is the US. The UK site is cheaper (cassette on US site is $24.98, only $11.99 on UK for example).
    The shipping for my order is only $6.45 with no tax or vat.

johnny moondog 909 and Bomber1 like this.
  6. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

The UK store is fast shipping too. I checked. Everything is in stock.

7. Herman Schultz

I have a feeling this is disastrous. My bank isn't some fly-by-night bank. It's one of the top banks in the world. This has probably affected thousands, maybe even tens of thousands, of purchases. I would hope everyone would simply reorder, but who knows. I suspect many prior sales are simply going to be lost. For example, I just now went with the deluxe vinyl on the USA site, when previously I had purchased the completist set. That means my order went from three purchases of the album to one purchase of the album. Why is the deluxe CD and completist set not available any longer on the USA version of the site? So Target can have their exclusive?

8. Herman Schultz

If everyone orders from the UK website, that's not going to help the Billboard chart.

9. Shoeshine

Shoeshine Senior Member

UK number one would be bloody marvellous though!

10. The Big Guy

Bomber1 - I don't want to get off topic but you sound pretty knowledgeable about this. I'm worried about an order I placed with CDJapan. It was placed more than 30 days before the
    release date of the item (Let It Bleed 50th Anniversary set). I'm afraid my credit card company will reject the charge due to the 30 day window and CDJapan may be out of stock on my item before I can reorder (a lot of their stuff is pretty limited). Anyway, my order on the CDJapan site say "Credit Card Approved" under the status, so maybe I'll be okay. Also I have ordered from them in the past so I don't think it will be flagged as possibly fraudulent. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Detroit Music Fan and Bomber1 like this.
  11. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

It's always only been on the UK site. It is really easy to click the wrong link. As far as disaster ..no.. everything seems to be proceeding fine. Target has just been swamped to the point of refusing orders until Friday. The factory is pressing them fast and furious.

12. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

certainly couldn't hurt to message them. This 30 day bank hold thing is pretty new.

13. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Kinda cool innit? Demand for physical product has em swamped! Still await shipping date on my Jap SHM CD from Amazon.

Detroit Music Fan and Bomber1 like this.
  14. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

FYI Target has processed pre-orders today

15. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I saw on their website it most likely has to do with your credit card company. If the transaction isn’t finalized in so many days, it’s cancelled.

Detroit Music Fan likes this.
  16. Herman Schultz

They should have finalized it then. It's a major credit card. This must have affected thousands of sales. They should have anticipated this.

Detroit Music Fan likes this.
  17. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

Meanwhile my local record store (where I have store credit!): "yeah call us Friday should have it then but we have also had trouble getting stuff on time".

ugh.

18. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

I wrote the post on the official site. Could not have anticipated this. It's a new thing major cards all the way to South America just started. (Probably for Christmas sales) We're not happy about it either but it hasn't effected much. Just lots of re-orders. start shipping today btw

19. Herman Schultz

Must have come as quite a shock to the website today to suddenly have thousands fewer purchases than they thought they had. I hope everyone reorders.

Bomber1 and johnny moondog 909 like this.
  20. Herman Schultz

Target better have a deluxe WHO CD waiting for me when I walk through their doors this Friday!

21. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

What I am thinking as well. Wish me luck.

22. Herman Schultz

Do you know what the deal is with the ridiculous difference in price for the cassette between the USA and UK versions of the website?

23. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

That's kinda my plan, I've got a couple of Targets nearby so I'm gonna head down after I've had coffee. On the other hand, Amazon has the deluxe version available as a download...maybe I'll go for that and listen to it with my coffee!

24. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

It's so cool to see this level of excitement for the Who. I really really hope it can go to number 1 in the US and/or UK. I know, I know, it's not 1978 anymore, but still . . . . what a great cap to a career.

25. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

I ordered the deluxe CD from the official site, that's it been dispatched this evening.

Nearly there!