Who chose the Gold DCC titles?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by voicebug, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member Thread Starter

Hello, everyone.
    I was wondering who made the decisions as to what titles would be released as DCC Gold discs.
    Were there brainstorming sessions? Did Steve choose titles he wanted to remaster, then DCC checked to see if the title could be licensed?

I couldn't find a thread discussing this.

I have yet to find a DCC Gold disc that I didn't love, but some of the choices are indeed very interesting. For example--Pat Benatar's 'In the Heat of The Night.' I had the original vinyl but never would have thought of this particular album as a potential for a Gold Disc release. Or how about the Korngold movie music disc?

:)

2. Mike

Mike New Member

I noticed that Blondie and Pat Benatar were both on Chrysalis and produced by Mike Chapman. Razor and Tie did Nick Gilder. It's all good! :D

3. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

4. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Sure wasn't me, cause I'm still waiting for Atlanta Rhythm Section's Champagne Jam (please don't disbar me from the site Steve, ok???) :D

5. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I remember calling once and Marshall Blonstein answered the phone. He was very pleasant to talk to and wide open for suggestions. One of mine was Red Octopus believe it or not. That was 2 to 3 years before it was released.

6. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I've said many times the DCC Compact classics was the audiophile label that I came around to last, because it had the fewest titles I was interested in, espcially back in the mid 90's when I started earning the enough cash to indulge into a $30 CD purchase. Now I'm kicking myself because my musical tastes have somewhat broadened and I wish I would've bought a lot of DCC titles that are currently difficult to come by. Too bad I didn't have access to a forum like this back in the day. Or any aquaintances to give me a proper schooling in audiophile recordings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.