Why Simon Cowell won't defend Kara DioGuardi

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by IMMusicRulz, Dec 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMMusicRulz

IMMusicRulz The Fifth Bangle Thread Starter

Hi everyone. So apparently I wanted to tell you guys about former American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi.

I'm not sure many of you remember her, but she was on the show from 2009 to 2011 and was known for her bad temper, most notably against Katy Perry, whom she threatened to throw a bottle of soda at.

Apparently, news broke out from an anonymous source close to Simon Cowell that DioGuardi sent Cowell a get well card after the scooter accident earlier this summer that broke his back.

DioGuardi has written a slew of singles, most notably Ain't No Other Man by Christina Aguilera, Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani and Sober by Pink, and has been recently working on some material for Camila Cabello.
    She was fired from the show in 2012 not least over unpaid royalties. In recent years, DioGuardi has been lowkey, but has spoken to Cowell through a third party.

Cowell has described the allegations of underpaid royalties as "blasphemy" and says that she was "Very responsible with her finances." He also says that he hasn't received this news but plans to reply soon to the get well card.
    On another note, my friend Radin Rana used to have a crush on her.

What was your opinion on Kara DioGuardi? Do you think she was a memorable judge? Let me know.

2. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I thought she was self centered and obnoxious. My least favorite judge.

johnny q and IMMusicRulz like this.
  3. IMMusicRulz

I agree.

johnny q and kouzie like this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think she's far FAR more talented than most of the artists who've been judges on American Idol. This is a start:

will_b_free and indigovic like this.
  5. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I don’t care

Vidiot, Drew and johnod like this.
  6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

When you're put on a television show to make sparks, and then you decide not to let the show down and do that, and then everybody grits their teeth at you because you made sparks...the least you can do is wonder if that was a necessary career choice in the first place.

It worked well enough for Anne Robinson, who hosted The Weakest Link for ten years. On the other hand, from what I hear, it's not working as well for Leah Michelle, whose biggest career point may have been Glee...and rubbed plenty of people the wrong way in the process.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    OldSoul and IMMusicRulz like this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Shame she didn't follow through with her soda bottle threat. Might have sparked things up a bit :)

I remember her being on the show but don't remember much. However, I thought they didn't renew her contract because they wanted to go back to the three judge set up.

Anyone remember Ellen Degeneres being on there? When I first saw her I thought it was a comedy bit and not actually for real. What a dumb decision that was.

buzzzx and IMMusicRulz like this.
  9. IMMusicRulz

Ellen was not fit to be an American Idol judge.

Also what is Karas voice classification? A soprano, alto or mezzo soprano?

10. Evethingandnothing

Evethingandnothing Forum Resident

I remember DioGuardi. A bit OTT.

I thought Avril Lavigne was a bit peculiar on it too.

IMMusicRulz likes this.
  11. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Pretty generic.

12. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

13. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

Simon is so brave.

14. saturdayboy

saturdayboy Forum Resident

I remember she used to say “artistry” a lot

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

A buddy of mine who worked on Glee at Paramount for several years shook his head and told me, "the wrong people from our cast are dying."

16. IMMusicRulz

Well Avril has always been...unpredictable, to put it nicely. I was more into Kesha. And Grace Slick. And Heart, as my profile picture shows

17. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I haven't watched American Idol since Paula Abdul Jabbar was one of the judges. :cool:

Mr. E. Tramp likes this.
  18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Mark Sailing (Puck) was a pedophile so it's a bit hard to take that literally.

IMMusicRulz likes this.
  19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That is far too naughty. Gorts - we need s snickering smiley; get on it!

20. IMMusicRulz

Oh my God, are you combining Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Paula Abdul into some sarcastic online username?

On the other hand, I thought Simon Cowell and Simon Fuller were the same person.

21. IMMusicRulz

I also thought that Kara DioGuardi did pretty good hosting the Platinum Hit show with Jewel on Bravo several years ago.

Maybe if Kara DioGuardi had hosted America's Got Talent or The Voice instead, she would have had more experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.