Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

That's annoying to be sure, but I give them some points for being communicative about this issue. Lots of place don't bother to tell you anything at all and still send the product late, I'd prefer to get this email than hear nothing at all.

audiotom, DPK, Gonzo-a-gogo and 7 others like this.
  2. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

I got this email as well, even though I already cancelled and have been refunded for my order. And I'm glad I did! Not only is Amazon significantly cheaper (I ordered the 11LP SDE when it was down to $148) but it says it will arrive on release day.

3. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

The horror….

jhg0626 likes this.
  4. Lazerize

Lazerize Forum Resident

They sound great and fit in seamlessly with the studio tracks

5. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

Sorry folks are having to wait for theirs. That stinks, but hopefully the downloads are a nice consolation. Not to be greedy, but I really hope that I get them too! I know I'm going to want to listen to this material more often than I'm going to want to spin the records.

On that note - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Boxtrot is absolutely stellar. The packaging, the sleeves, the pressings... All of it. Most albums don't warrant this, but Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is different. I can admit that my enthusiasm for Wilco has been waning, in part due to the onslaught of average/unremarkable material in recent years. Sure - I think there's something to love about virtually every album Jeff has put out, but there's been a lot to wade through.

And yet! I found myself happily lapping up every alternate take and demo in this box. I think it's testament to just how good those songs are that even half-baked or cooked up in a totally strange way they still sound fantastic. This is a really wonderful boxset and I look forward to reading what you all think of yours.

6. tstrapac

tstrapac Forum Resident

Sounds awesome, I can't wait for the box but the official downloads will tide me over for sure.

I'm 99% sure buyers of the LP sets will be getting official downloads.

I did with previous sets and I have also been getting the official downloads in advance of this set.

7. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

Downloads won't be here until Friday, correct??? Maybe they can release those early.

I have an order with Amazon and one at Kung fu...It's only money right???

8. Balding Jay

Balding Jay Forum Resident

I think only the official store orders come with a digital download? I don’t recall getting download codes with previous Wilco vinyl.

Adam Schellin likes this.
  9. tstrapac

tstrapac Forum Resident

I should have noted that I purchased the LP sets via Kung Fu.

10. depp91

depp91 Forum Resident

A question for those who have already received their set: Does it contain an acoustic version of Kamera, similar to the one on the engineer demos boot?

Begins at 6:44:

TheAbsentMind and linklinc1 like this.
  11. Balding Jay

Balding Jay Forum Resident

Just realized that only the Deluxe Edition, and not the full Super-Deluz
    Looks like Apple Music will have the Deluxe but not the Super Deluxe. As a sucker who keeps buying physical box sets I kind of appreciate them keeping the biggest one exclusive. I wonder if that was a tricky thing for them to do contractually, since it seems like most deluxe box sets are released in full on the streaming services.

TheAbsentMind likes this.
  12. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Is it Friday yet? Looking forward to being able to go through this over the weekend!

chickendinna and tstrapac like this.
  13. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

I keep obsessively refreshing a certain website to see if rips are up yet since CD boxsets are out in the wild...

JayB, youknow, Graham and 2 others like this.
  14. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

And this is why Amazon has run record stores out of business. How can anyone compete with that, including Nonesuch?

sonofjim likes this.
  15. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

Why?

16. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

This set is so great.

17. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

I’m halfway through this set. Bellman cut it so well. The pressing is perfect. Don’t know if it’s Optimal or Pallas, but it’s Made in Germany. Records are dead quiet.

only nit picks, I wish they didn’t split the “chapters” on 2 of the discs. I would have taken a blank side. Even if it means paying more.

Along those lines, would have loved tip on sleeves. The art on this thing is so gorgeous, I would have loved some HQ sturdy sleeves to add to the enjoyment.

d0n and CharlieClown like this.
  18. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I do agree but it’s also very hard to pass up such a drastically lower price.

19. tstrapac

tstrapac Forum Resident

I'm frustrated that it was delayed the first time. I'm very frustrated they didn't send out downloads on the original release date which has lead to some folks having the box set and some folks not, which can be a bummer. I'm now frustrated again because they just told me "you might get your box on the delayed release date, or you might not"

20. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

For those that have the box already: how detailed are the liner notes in regards to track info? Are there detailed notes and info regarding recording dates for the outtakes/demos and who plays on them?

Also would love to know how many of the outtakes are the same versions that can be found on the Engineer Reference and Demos bootlegs.

21. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Earlier in the thread, someone posted some pages that just had a listing of the songs, with no detailed info.

22. All Shook Down

All Shook Down @Lost Mixtapes on You Tube

I was going to ask about the splitting of chapters before pulling the trigger. That's too bad. I was looking forward to having the experience of playing standalone different versions of the album. Like pulling out a self-contained double record for each version. Not the case it sounds like.

23. Seems like frustration is frustrating you.

24. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I’m waiting patiently like a good many of us but Friday will come soon enough. For those who were fortunate to receive the SDE, are their any revelations? I have a few shelves full of boxsets, some amazing, others not so much. Is this set something you’ll return to more than a handful of times? YHF is my favorite album this century. Like a lot of us, I’ve hunted down every YHF boot I could get my hands on . What I find surprising is the volume of unreleased demos, outtakes etc.that still exist and are on this set. Wilco was at their creative peak with YHF leading into AGIB, which will probably receive the SDE treatment next.

25. tcj

tcj Senior Member

The 2022 live tracks are fantastic. They are a cut above their usual very good sounding Roadcase releases so I'm wondering if there isn't a full-fledged release planned instead of a Roadcase. I hope we get a full release either way, the band is in great form on those tracks.

matt79rome89, rcb30 and TheAbsentMind like this.