Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

I would just wait for it to show up elsewhere at some point. I imagine Importcds will have it at roughly 30% less than list, even for preorder.

frightwigwam, ARK and bmh5879 like this.
  2. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain

I don't need this, I don't need this.......somehow I purchased it.

3. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

was aware…. But I doubt 90% of people at Wilco know

RIP Jay

chickendinna likes this.
  4. jdrueke

jdrueke Handsome Man

For some unexplained reason, I have a YHF hole in my Wilco vinyl collection that that 7 album set will fill nicely. The super edition is a little too rich for my blood and I think the 7 album set is actually all I really want.

Rockford & Roll and Cimrya Deal like this.
  5. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

The Sound Opinions show (complete with interview) will be on a CD (and presumably the download) in the 11 LP version. The way I’m interpreting it (based on the track lists for both versions), the 7 LP version will have the songs from the sessions on vinyl, but none of the interview.

6. Super_Grover

Super_Grover Well-Known Member

He did not.

imsjry likes this.
  7. saturdayboy

saturdayboy Forum Resident

they didn't have any photos with him? are you kidding?

dlemaudit likes this.
  8. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am in for the Silver 11 LP Box. I've been waiting to have "Venus Stop the Train" on vinyl forever. Can't believe there are TWO versions on this set. So excited. this is the only Super Deluxe album I have ordered...but its also my favorite album if you couldn't tell.

9. couchdave

couchdave Founding member of Mystik Spiral

Great news. As much as I've enjoyed the "YHF Engineer Demos" bootleg set over the years, I'm glad to get a deluxe edition with all these alternate versions and outtakes. "Venus Stopped the Train" in particular is a personal favorite that deserves official release; looking forward to hearing the second version as well. I'm assuming that the track listed here as "American Aquarium" is the same as what has circulated for years under the name "Corduroy Cutoff Girl" (basically an early and much different version of what became "Radio Cure")?

10. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Seems like the black vinyl super deluxe on Bandcamp is the only way to go if you want 11 LP + FLAC of all content? I'd prefer the silver vinyl (I think??), but not at the trade-off of MP3 vs. FLAC.

Or does the Wilco store usually give you a FLAC option for download? It just says "Full album link will be emailed on release day."

11. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Reposting by request:

12. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Zeki likes this.
  13. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Like many of us I heard the leaked version before it was officially released. I wasn’t quite prepared for YHF. Wilco has evolved from Being There on. Although it wasn’t a quantum leap from Summerteeth, YHF was another animal entirely. It’s still probably my favorite album this century. This boxset is hopefully the final word on such a landmark album. I can’t wait until it’s released.

14. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

I'm super excited about the music release and the merch from Foxtrot is just right in my zone: Foxtro x Wilco

11LP's is a lot of vinyl, wondering if a remastered double LP and a box of CDs for all the extras is the way to go...? The LP box would look great but I can imagine about 8 of those LPs only getting played once or twice then sitting in the big box for eternity. Glad to have options (and Cereal).

15. Jack

Jack Senior Member

All the iterations are up at Bull Moose. No tax and no shipping charge is a no brainer.

16. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I was at the show at the Pageant

Really just want a vinyl copy of that

linklinc1 likes this.
  17. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

After 20 minutes of pondering and putting things in and out of my cart I settled on the 7LP Deluxe edition on Red Gold vinyl. Plus a box of cereal and a tee shirt from Foxtrot. I can stream the stuff that's not in the deluxe box (hopefully).

Happy fan here!

jewelsnbinoculars and linklinc1 like this.
  18. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I'm in for the socks.

Jack and linklinc1 like this.
  19. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Forum Resident Thread Starter

I got the hat ..

linklinc1 likes this.
  20. Cimrya Deal

Cimrya Deal Forum Resident

I've dreaming about it from YEARS (even doing my own version!) but 8cds!!!??? That's a LOT!! Oh well... I'll take that anyway! This album is definitely in my top 10 and it really deserved a deluxe treatment (and a new vinyl version. I mean Ashes of American Flag and Heavy Metal Drummer are sides apart on my version!!!!)

Rockford & Roll and linklinc1 like this.
  21. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

I have no willpower when it comes to the an album I hold in such high regard - I splurged for the 11LP on the Nonesuch page! This is up there with Petty's Wildflowers for me. I don't buy many of these huge box sets that contain extras out the ass. But this is different.

22. Cimrya Deal

Actually it didn't really sit in the can as Jay released his own version. But the Wilco version is so much better. Perfection to be honest.

23. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

You and I are on the same wavelength. Got the Red Gold 7xLP set and Foxtrot just dropped off my “Jesus Don’t Cry” beer by Great Central Brewing (gonna try to pick up the cereal at the Old Town Foxtrot this weekend… fingers crossed I get the signed 7”). Toasting the announcement of this anniversary release as we speak!

[​IMG]

24. Cimrya Deal

Yeah but probably not with him AND Glenn Kotche. Maybe a polaroid somewhere but not what you'd called a promo photo.

25. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Um...yikes.