Woodstock (1969) - movie discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kees1954

kees1954 Forum Resident

From Woodstock Project I copied a list indicating what footage is known to exist (hats off to Scott Parker). cf. MEGA

2. simond9x

simond9x Forum Resident

Actually, that's a list that I put together ;-) ....... I think you'll find that Scott's list blows that one out of the water!!

kees1954 likes this.
  3. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

OK, and be honest, how many times have you seen "Blood Feast?"

4. kees1954

kees1954 Forum Resident

My sincere apologies, Simon. I was trying in haste to find and edit the list on my cell phone. It's still almost complete music-wise, isn't it?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  5. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I hated that movie! I was at the drive-in whilst it played at bare minimum 25 times. I did my best to not pay too much attention to it. If the windows got too foggy to see, well, good! ;)

Grunge Master and Tim S like this.
  6. simond9x

simond9x Forum Resident

Hey, no problem at all, it's not something I'm precious about. I'm not sure if it has everything music-wise, but probably does have most of it. Scott's certainly has more stage footage, albeit some is silent, and of course his has so much other stuff.

kees1954 likes this.
  7. DougB217

DougB217 Forum Resident

The 3 BluRay disc version arrived the other day. Is there a listing anywhere that breaks down the contents?

Michael likes this.
  8. DougB217

DougB217 Forum Resident

Michael likes this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

10. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I have a question. What generation is it referring to which Woodstock "defined"? I was born in 1957 and was 11 when it was taking place. It certainly didn't have any meaning to me or my friends that summer. To us, the moon landing and the Miracle Mets were the significant events of that year. Just curious, but what would define my generation?

ElevatorSkyMovie likes this.
  11. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

Our younger brothers.

Lownotes likes this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

If they wanted to they could release a version with the little-used "angle" feature available on DVD and Blu-ray. Just play it through without touching the angle? See the movie exactly as it played in. But if you hit the angle button, you could switch to full-screen versions of the left or right shots. Or left, center or right if it's one of the three image shots.

Warren Hawk and marmalade166 like this.
  13. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

I dunno. Generations are big and defining moments occurring within can’t mean the same to everyone, can they.

But Woodstock was big, important and was a cultural moment, especially for those of draft age (not you) and who were part of the hugely changing culture of the late 60s. Like it or not, but someone born in 57 is lumped in with that generation.

Maybe you see generational touchstones such as Nixon, Watergate, his resignation, Gerald Ford and the end of Vietnam, or perhaps Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Elton John and KISS!

Lownotes likes this.
  14. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I remember the assassinations of JFK and RFK but I was young for both. Honestly, I can't remember anything happening in my teen years that would be considered highly significant. Maybe the end of the draft in March of 1975, 6 months before I turned 18. Other than that, I couldn't stand most 70s music (AOR, disco, punk, new wave), so it wasn't music related.

15. DougB217

DougB217 Forum Resident

I’m watching the EXTRAS disc on the 65” Samsung, and I realized for the first time that Pete Townshend **** his pants onstage. No wonder he was in such a ****ty mood!

16. Buggsy

Buggsy Forum Resident

i thought that too, but meanwhile it's been confirmed (can't recall where) that it's actually blood he wiped from his right hand. he'd hurt himself while windmilling, and he'd also cut himself in the face (which can be seen clearly during "sparks"). his foul mood was clearly down to other well-known reasons.

keifspoon and kees1954 like this.
  17. Buggsy

Buggsy Forum Resident

something different here (and i hope it's not considered as OT) - for years on end i've been wondering what had happened to these interviewees since their time at the festival:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    has anybody heard or read anything?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    guppy270 likes this.
  18. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

Unfortunately the one on the top left died a few years ago:

https://www.buffalorising.com/2015/06/looking-back-at-jean/

19. Buggsy

Buggsy Forum Resident

20. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

The guy in the bottom picture, who was such an articulate anti-establishment voice, I've always thought probably went on to become a successful investment banker. LOL

guppy270 and BeatleJWOL like this.
  21. Buggsy

Buggsy Forum Resident

. . . one of the reasons why i want to find out. there were so many of the folks at the time who completely changed direction years later. as if to say "if you can't beat 'em - join 'em".

22. Chris DeVoe

So how long is the "director's cut" that's playing at Regal Theater chain tonight at 7 P.M.?

23. Chris DeVoe

I think you may be confusing him with Jerry Rubin of the Yippies.

trumpet sounds and Thomas D like this.
  24. Chris DeVoe

I remember on what was probably the 25th anniversary, Life magazine tracked down some of the folks featured in the film and on the album covers. They found the pair that had been wrapped in a blanket on the cover of (I believe) Woodstock 2. It turned out they had married and popped out a number of kids - and they still had the quilt! He was overweight and balding, her long beautiful blond hair had been trimmed into a "mom cut" but they were still together and they still loved each other, and that's what really mattered.

25. Chris DeVoe

I just have to share this wonderful interpretation of what Joe Cocker was singing:

SM7609, milankey, kevin and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.