World's Best Cables on Amazon

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by dennis1077, Dec 3, 2021.

1. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident Thread Starter

aunitedlemon and timind like this.
  2. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

I don't have experience with those exact cables, but those are BFA style banana plugs. Audioquest and many other mid to high priced manufacturers of speaker cables use that style of banana plugs.

Bill Mac, timind and dennis1077 like this.
  3. WvL

WvL Improve the lives of other people

Blue Jean cables...

pscreed, IainS, tribby2001 and 3 others like this.
  4. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

I just bought WBC's Mogami 2497 in a few different lengths (short) with the Eminence Gold connectors.

WBC sells a lot of cables, at all price points. Well made, quality cables from Japan, most importantly they sell branded wire, so you don't have to wonder what the cable really is (like a lot of rebadged)

I also have DIY'd 2497's but have been busy and bought some too... I'm doing some comparisons with the Belden LC-1 (aka Blue Jeans current flagship) and the Belden 1505F (which Blue Jeans also sells).

Buy with confidence with WBC if it's the cable you're after.

5. TheVinylAddict

Blue Jeans doesn't actually make cables, they solder or crimp connectors on branded wire (like the LC-1 and 1505F for IC's are Belden wire). The LC-1's are a Belden wire made specifically for Blue Jeans with the ultra low capacitance. Before the popular LC-1, the 1505F was their flagship.

So saying "Blue Jeans" cable is meaningless unless you specify what cable!

wolfyboy3, Shawn, Dr. Funk and 3 others like this.
  6. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank you! I'm gonna give them a shot!

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  7. telemike

telemike Forum Resident

I like WBC. Well made with good branded connectors and cable

Soundsense, Ingenieur and dennis1077 like this.
  8. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

I have some:
    Directional RCA
    XLR
    XLR to 1/4" jack

They use good wire and connectors.
    imo a good cable

comment those speaker cables, not the brand
    imo too high C

14 AWG, not bad for 10'

9. WvL

I am now better educated. thank you. I was just basing it on my experience and the cost. Your post was good information

goer, jonwoody, dennis1077 and 3 others like this.
  10. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

I use WBC and interconnects and am more that satisfied with them. Well built and a great price.

11. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

I have WBC interconnects. I chose Mogami 2549 and Eminence terminations. They're solid. Low capacitance for phono (23 pF/Ft). Excellent build and finish and a transparent and honest signal transfer as well as I can tell. Zero qualms for the price and knowing the wire is legit leaves few questions on the table.
    @Boltman92124 previously linked this site for custom cables. I haven't ordered any yet but am really tempted just because it seems promising.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  12. searing75

searing75 Forum Resident

Make your own with Belden 9271.

Jbird, TheVinylAddict and Rich-n-Roll like this.
  13. Davey

Davey NP: Bruce Brubaker ~ Eno Piano (2023)

They do look like well designed and constructed cables. One small point, with regard to cables made with shielded twisted pair wire like this 2549, the shield is connected on one end to one of the conductors but the effective capacitance will be greater than the individual conductor to shield capacitance value you mention. As a minimum, you would add the capacitance between conductors to that conductor to shield value, but it's probably a little higher in operation. No biggie, still pretty low, just fyi :)

Triffid, jonwoody, Funky54 and 3 others like this.
  14. ca1ore

ca1ore Forum Resident

I’m using WBC for balanced interconnects. Other than the foolish naming hyperbole, they seem solidly made and they sound fine.

dennis1077 likes this.
  15. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

Thank you. I only meant to quote the listed capacitance spec for the Mogami 2549 as it was an easy detail to find. I didn't find a capacitance spec for the terminations. What does an average set (2 pairs) of stereo rca plugs contribute?

16. Davey

Davey NP: Bruce Brubaker ~ Eno Piano (2023)

The connectors would probably just add another 3-4 pF per connector, but what I meant to explain is that you are only listing one part of the cable capacitance spec, there is capacitance between each of the two conductors and the shield around them, but there is also capacitance between the two conductors.

But getting off topic now, sorry :)

aunitedlemon and 33na3rd like this.
  17. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Every time I hear something is " the best " I know it's far from it.

18. COBill

COBill Forum Resident

Find a good dealer, borrow a few different cables to try, buy what sounds best to you.

If you can't hear a difference, you'll end up with the most inexpensive cable in the line.

If you can, you'll be glad you tried multiple cables.

19. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

I own quite a few pairs of their RCA cables, quality is great, no complaints. I know that type of banana plug, and hate it with a vengeance: they don't stay in the sockets well, and slide out. In fact, I'd stopped using the absolute best speaker cables in my inventory - Audioquest Bedrock 12-ga precisely because of these bananas, and they're solid silver, too. I'd love to have them changed to a regular type bananas, so I could use the cables again.

Ingenieur likes this.
  20. WvL

That is the long term goal

21. TheVinylAddict

I know, right?

"World's Best Cables".... I'm thinking they didn't pay big money for marketing and coming up with a name! :) I first saw these cables when @Ingenieur posted them here on the forum, and the only thing I could think of was the movie "Elf" and the "World's Best Cup of Coffee" skit!

The Mogami 2497 is at this point my favorite "sweet spot" IC however --- I had 2497's before I found WBC, but WBC is one of the few places that retail 2497, and their price isn't too bad.

But note I can DIY a 3ft 2497 for a little over $20.

22. ChrisR2060

ChrisR2060 Stereo addict

WBC is an honest proposition.

23. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

How would you guys rate the Belden 9271 as a speaker cable?

24. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

Look beyond the name
    Mogami and Canare cable
    Neutrik and Amphenol connectors
    Solid components

25. HIRES_FAN

HIRES_FAN Forum Resident

I just ordered it. It fits in my designated budget of less than 100 bucks for wire. I have several chifi cables under a 100 bucks from different manufacturers and they are all some of the world's best :D

I could put them all head to toe in blind tests against cables that cost 10k or 30k dollars with utmost confidence!