Would anyone be interested in doing a Aerosmith song by song thread?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Since I bailed from the Rush thread, I've been thinking about something I could do on my own time. So I'm curious if anyone would be interested in doing an Aerosmith song by song thread? I'd only be willing to go to 1987 and no further. That would give me ten albums to cover (including a Live Bootleg - which I'd just kind of make some comments on and not go through it song by song other than maybe "Mother Popcorn" and "I Ain't Got You").

The problems, as I see them, is there are a TON of song by song threads on the music forum already and I don't really feel like starting another and glutting the forum up further with a thread plagued by poor participation. So, if you're really interested, let me know. If not, then we'll continue to 'let the music do the talking' (har har) and just not do it.

Addendum: I know @Matthew Tate has an "all purpose Aerosmith thread" out there so maybe that pretty much covers the bases for the band.

Anyway let me know.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

hmm, I don't know. I feel like after maybe get a grip the thread would die

3. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

He’s proposing stopping at 1987. That would get us to Permanent Vacation I think. I’d say that is probably at least one album too many :)

Rockin' Robby and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

naw needs pump for sure

blueslover99 likes this.
  5. GodShifter

At this point, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. The response hasn't been overwhelming. As to when the thread should end? That could be up for negotiation, but I would be willing to go as far as Permanent Vacation but no further.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. juss100

juss100 Forum Resident

Someone else could pick up after Done With Mirrors I'm sure (not me, it's too much work!). Permanent Vacation to Nine Lives is a great period, dammit!

But I love Aerosmith with a passion and would be all-in, of course, wherever you decided to stop.

Matthew Tate and GodShifter like this.
  7. juss100

juss100 Forum Resident

I guess this one won't happen ...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

don't buy into any negativity...sure! members will be interested! go for it! ; )

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

what happened at the Rush thread ??

i've always enjoyed & appreciated your (& others) 'Album-By-Album' threads. its usually the 1st thing i search for whenever i feel like going through someone's catalog.
    but this current forum trend of doing the 'Song-By-Song' thread is such a daunting task, not just for the OPs but to follow...once i fall behind then its easy to give up and move on. maybe i'm a minority on this but i'd much prefer the old days of simpler 'Album-By-Album' threads rather than songs. if its well done (as you've proven many times in the past) with detail intro & maintenance, i believe it will be more appealing to wider audience rather than the hardcore few these kind of threads attract.

just my $ 0.02 ;)

Matthew Tate and GodShifter like this.
  10. GodShifter

Thinking about it, I agree. The "song by song" thread can be a major beating. I did the KISS thread a few years back and while it was fun, it also became kind of a pain to put forth a song every day (but, hey, I finished it!) Also, as you point out, if you get behind, it becomes difficult to catch up. 'Album by album' threads are easier for sure because of that.

Thanks for the compliments on my past threads. I usually try to put my best foot forward if I undertake a thread of that nature. It's also a reason why I don't do many of them anymore as I am perfectionist and want the thread to be truly good. So, in summary, I'm not going to do this, but if someone else wants to take up the mantle, by all means do so with my blessing.

So: CANCELLED (at least for me).

YMC4 and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I'd be in just to read the pages of disdain members would write about Don't Want To Miss A Thing. :D

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. juss100

juss100 Forum Resident

It might be worth giving that its own thread :D

13. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I might be interested for sure, but I would like to add Pump aswell to the list.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Mark7

Mark7 Forum Resident

Just start with the first album and go from there and take it as far as you want. Others could take over when the 2.0 commercial period starts :agree:

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.