Would you pay $50K for this private Gene Simmons performance?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WildHoneyPie9, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

If Keith and Mick Taylor agreed to play the blues for an hour in my living room, I might ba able to find 50 guys willing to fork over $1000 each.

Curveboy, MPLRecords, Scope J and 5 others like this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I would... I'd love to talk with him...: )

mark winstanley likes this.
  3. couchguy

couchguy Forum Resident

in 40 years I have been to countless concerts and club shows , seeing Emmett in a guys living room a 5 minute walk from my house is most definitely one of the coolest shows i ever seen , right up there with the Stones Blind Date show in 79 . He told us a great story ...whenever Triumph needed a quick infusion of cash to record they would go south U.S Texas or California where they were big and do a few shows . He told us during a night off Rik by himself decided to make a run up to Vegas from where they were playing around Northern California just for the night , he was traveling in a Limo with a driver , a Triumph tune came on the car stereo "Lay it on the Line " he said he pulled the window aside in the back seat and told the driver " thats my song " the driver turned to him and said jokingly im sure " let me know when you get your own Limo " . That story got a great laugh out of the people that were there . He then played the song . I guess it was a rental

edenofflowers likes this.
  4. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

You actually saw 10 minutes and 40 seconds of that video! Wow!

SoundDoctor likes this.
  5. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

:biglaugh: My god, that is embarrassing.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  6. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

For $50k, I'd expect both Bowie AND Coltrane to come back from the dead and give a performance in my home. Heck, I'd even be satisfied if Kanye, a living artist, put a flying stage in my house and did a 3 hour show where he performs all of Yeezus and The Life Of Pablo, which are both among my favorite albums of all time.

But Gene Simmons??? No way in hell. The more he asks for this ridiculous kind of money, the more I want him living on the streets. And plus, he's known to be a total creep...

Hammerpeg and california_roll like this.
  7. Trader Joe

Trader Joe Forum Resident

Yes it is definitely worth it to me.

8. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

If I had $50k, I'd upgrade my system and get all of the Music Matters records... and almost every other record I'd want.

california_roll and Szeppelin75 like this.
  9. Thermionic Dude

Thermionic Dude Forum Resident

Very cool story. They were definitely big in TX in the early 80s, getting lots of airplay and frequently touring. I saw them several times and there was always a positive vibe and top-shelf playing that left me with a great concert buzz.

10. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

If i had 50,000, I'd do what i did last time and set up a home studio ... if they wanna come over then, they can pay me :)

11. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

You’d have to pay me $50,000 to sit thru this experience.

Hammerpeg likes this.
  12. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

I would do it for 2 Vicodin and a bottle of Smirnoff

Dudley Morris and bababooey like this.
  13. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I agree. Although I hate them, you don't have to apologize to anyone for what you like...no matter how SH**** it may be.

14. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Would you pay $50K for this private Gene Simmons performance?

Not only no, but HECK NO!

SoundDoctor likes this.
  15. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

I think that if I had reached a level of utterly debauched degeneracy where piling 50K in the backyard firepit and sparkin' it up wasn't doin' it for me any more..... Yeah, I might just give Ol' Bloodbarfer a shout.

I mean YOLO, amirite ?

D.D.

kwadguy likes this.
  16. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

This sort of thing makes me uncomfortable. Obviously, Gene just wants to get it over with and leave - the whole thing is a charade where everyone involved pretends it's not awkward. Concert meet and greets are the same.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  17. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

Gene needs to suck it up for 50k. Looks like this cluster started too early. I always hated kids and they’re still up. It might have started gettin a little wild a few hours later.

18. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

I wouldn't even slip them a 20 on the downlow.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  19. Mr D

Mr D Forum Resident

No. And I'm a huge Kiss fan.

california_roll likes this.
  20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Indeed...

SoundDoctor likes this.
  21. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I would rather staple my nose to my forearm.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  22. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git

It’s all relative.

I have no doubt that a financially well off Kiss fanatic would not have any trouble saying yes to this kind of arrangement.

Me? I’d expect Gene to pay me $50K for the privilege of mowing my lawn and doing some painting around the house. :D

But if I did have $50K to blow on a musician for this type of in home performance, I can think of a load of people that I’d kill for to play in my home, and definitely none of them would be Gene Simmons.

23. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

No. I wouldn't see Gene if he was performing in my backyard.

Larry Mc and SoundDoctor like this.
  24. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Hahaha. Nah, did a skip through the video and stopped every now and then the confirm it was all that bad!

SoundDoctor and punkmusick like this.
  25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Nope, sorry. :shrug:

But I guess I should check them out! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.