WOW! Beatles Holy Grail (PPM Black/Gold Stereo NM vinyl) on eBay

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by TLMusic, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLMusic

TLMusic Musician & record collector Thread Starter

They probably read on SH forum that Die Beatles is cheaper and sounds better. So they decided to get one of those instead. :)

2. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

What are they gonna do, throw you in jail for not paying?

"Sorry, I musta miss-read my bid officer. I thought I was paying just $12 bucks". :D

3. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

It was up at £8000 last night, and now is down to £7600. People are getting moments of clarity among the madness.

4. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Yes! This is investment quality. One of the top Beatle collectibles.

5. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

Ah...the corrupting influence of the steve hoffman forum:winkgrin:.....that bidder was me. Sometimes I wish I hadn't ever come across that line by Oscar Wilde about the only way to handle temptation is to yield to it. I also thought I would get in on the action for roughly $12,9000 USD but that I would have draw the line SOMEWHERE. I mean, $12,900 for a record is perfectly sane but $13,000? :crazy:

6. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

You buy them when they are first released. That's what I did.......

7. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

That price and the seller still won't throw in free shipping!

John K.

8. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Yes, would be amazing to own one of these but if not for the money........... :)

9. lloydland

lloydland Member

£11,760.00
    :goodie:

10. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

Winning bid: US $18,898.32

11. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Next question, will he get his money?:D

12. My copy of the stereo Die Beatles on the HorZu label cost about $75. U.S. in June of 2003. I think they go for over $100. now on eBay.

My German Apple stereo LP copy of Please Please Me, same album with the same dash 2 stampers, was about $30. on eBay a few years ago.

Either way, worth every penny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230667989032?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Winning bid: GBP 11,760.00
    Approximately US $18,898.32 :eek:

13. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

If the buyer had no problem paying that price for the record, I would think they would have no problem just going and picking it up themselves...no matter where they live!

14. :agree: Quote from my older brother.

15. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

I will have a gripe about this auction though. Did you see the retracted bids with the usual claim that they entered the wrong amount. Under eBay rules if you claim that was the case you should have entered the correct bid shortly thereafter. eBay seems to be letting bidders get away with that far too often.

16. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

Retracted bids are logged in the system, so if you do it a lot things could be done.. more to the point, sellers can see you are doing it and block or cancel you. They're just seeing how much others are willing to pay, it makes no difference to the end of the auction at all. (unless you're bid hiding, bidding high and then retracting to let a friend win cheaply - again, a known scam)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.