Wrong Mixes On The Alice In Chains SACD.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jamie Tate, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member Thread Starter

I finally bought this SACD. I've wanted for a while but was never at the top of my "I need it now" list. I was really wanting to hear 'I Stay Away' in DSD but they put the wrong mix on the disc. There's no trumpets or strings (well, you can hear them but it's as if they're headphone bleed). Were there any alternative (read that to mean corrected) versions issued of this title? Just wondering.

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

The DVD MUSICBOX has the same mix you describe. Strings are much lower than the E.P. mix. Dunno if the video always had that mix. Wonder if it's just a fold down of the 5.1.

3. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

I was kinda interested in that one myself. I did a google search, but didn't find out about any variations, there was a zillion different issues of "stay away" on CD singles worldwide, but no mention of a different mix.

An article with a bit about the dude who did the 5.1 mix.

http://mixonline.com/ar/audio_mastering/

sure you weren't listening to half of the multi-channel mix?

(edit) just read what Pinknik wrote. I didn't know about the video difference.

4. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

This was discussed when the SACD was first released. I think it has something to do with the MCH mixes that were used - first for the MUSICBOX DVD which came out a few months before the SACD. The SACD has the same exact mixes. Not sure why they were done the way they were, but, hey, that's life. :D

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I'm a big AIC fan, but this is probably my least-listened-to SACD.

Very compressed, and the edited version of "Man In The Box" :realmad:

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.