Y'all MADE me buy the BC13 today

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by handle, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handle

handle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks to the Beatles Best Pressings thread, I bought the BC13 Blue Box. I was bidding on one on ebay that ended going for 180 or so but I stopped at 160.

So I go down to off the Record and they have one for $150. The outside of the box has a few dings around the corners and on the flaps, but I don't care so much about the box. The record sleeves have minor dings and some have very very slight bending. The rarities disc sleeve is in much worse shape than any of the others except that HELP has the inside cover glue coming off slightly so when you try to remove the vinyl it lifts. This can be repaired with a minimal amount of glue.

But the vinyl on all of it seems to be a VG to EX condition from what I know about vinyl grading. I saw no scuffs and definitley no scrathes and very very light dust. I will play them tommorrow night.

Updated: Pepper has a light scuff on side A. I think they played Pepper and White more than any of the others.

The White Album has the 4 pics and the Booklet.

The Pepper in this set des not have the cut-outs. Were the cutouts supposed to be included with this set?

So I decide to buy it and they give me 10 dollars off for a "frquent buyer" club and 10 dollars off because of a sale they were running. Out the door with tax $141 and change. How did I do?

Pictures of the set are on my page at http://www.tomsfiles.com/beatles

-Tom

2. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

Well Tom, I'm glad we could help!
    You did good, nice price. I got mine for 139.00 plus postage and I'm happy with mine. They all play nice, I know you'll enjoy the vinyl.
    As far as the inserts are concern it varies from box to box and the country of origin. I got the "White Album" inserts, but not the "Pepper" same as yours. My "Help!" album came like your "Rubber Soul" just a little gue, no big deal. Enjoy the BC-13 and let us know what you think.

3. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

My UK ones have the Pepper insert and White Album inserts plus an extra poster. My Japanese one has all inserts.

4. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Welcome to the club, Handle.

This forum :thumbsup: lead me to buy a mint BC13, a mint BM1 Mono Collection (Mucho£££) and a new CD EP Collection.

My bank balance has suffered, but my ears certainly haven't, these are all very nice sounding indeed, the vinyl is nice and quiet too.

Hmmm??? Mono mix or stereo mix, Choices, choices!!

Anyway this place is great for this kind of info so I hope your pockets are deep, cos' theres a lot of recordings you gonna want to buy if you keep reading this forum.

Enjoy!!

J Joyce

BTW, the Pepper should definately have the cutout, you should be able to track one down cos there still included with the current digital mastered vinyl releases.

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

So this is a mono set? The red box is the stereo then?

6. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

The Red box is the mono set, Blue is the more common, but very nice, stereo set. I've collected all but three of the monos, separately over the last year and a half. I'm skipping YS ,unless I find it at a great price, so I only need two more actually.

7. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Well, count me in on this one too. I just got an unplayed set. Curious to hear how this will sound compared to my unplayed MFSL set.

I'm too scared to play either one.

8. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

Play the blue one. If you have access to a tubed equalizer you can follow Steve's advice,available somewhere on this board, and undo the eq choices Mo-fi made on their box. Otherwise sell the mo-fi and and buy more vinyl!!!

9. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

An the source for the blue set are those tube cuttings made in the 60's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.