Yamaha A S2100 problem ?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Catalin, Mar 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catalin

Catalin Member Thread Starter

Hi,

For a while I am worried about a sound in the right speaker when I turn on or off the amplifier. I could say that it sounds like a kind of click, but only on the right channel. Are there any concerns? The rest works perfectly.

bhazen likes this.
  2. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Don't turn it off.

Seriously.

George P likes this.
  3. Catalin

unfortunately, your answer does not help me, I have no way to stay with him started 24/24, I may have expressed myself wrong, this is happening from standbay

scobb and bhazen like this.
  4. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

I leave my Naim electronics on 24/7. Components last longer that way, according to one school of thought. I believe them. I do unplug them from the wall if I'm gone for a vacation or something, or if a lightning storm is approaching; but that's ordinary prudence.

But as to your issue -- I don't think the click is damaging anything.

George P likes this.
  5. Catalin

So, I don't pull it from the wall socket, but just put it in the stanbay of the remote control. I understand from you to always let him start, correct?

6. stax o' wax

stax o' wax Forum Resident

Be more specific.

A single click?
    Or does this click sound keep occurring?
    It's normal for an amp to make a click sound when the amp passes it's warmup stage.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    bhazen likes this.
  7. russk

russk Forum Resident

When you first turn the amp on you will hear the relays click. If you are hearing a popping sound through the speaker there is a problem and you should get it fixed under warranty.

rednedtugent likes this.
  8. Catalin

ok, it's a solid state, it's on the relays. Indeed the relays are heard but the cliché is heard only once at start and stop. It's a sound you barely hear, but it is there and it stresses me out. to be even more specific, that click I can only hear in the tweeter, maybe only he can reproduce it. Otherwise, everything is in order, does not persist, after starting the background is black

9. George P

George P Notable Member

Are you certain it is coming from the speaker and not the amplifier? My amp and my SACD player make a click sound when I turn them on or off. But the sound comes from the component, not the speaker.

10. Catalin

yes I'm sure, I listened with my ear close :) what amplifier and cd do you own?
    I did a test now to find out the headphone output, the same thing. So, I think that is not a problem, I think I have not noticed so far

11. George P

George P Notable Member

I have a Yamaha A-S801. Mine clicks loud, but definitely from the amp, not the speakers.

12. russk

russk Forum Resident

The relays in my a-s2100 click when I turn the amp on and when I turn it off. No clicking sounds other than that. Speakers never make any odd noises and it’s dead and I mean absolutely dead quiet while playing music. Love this amp.

rednedtugent, Catalin and George P like this.
  13. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

Verify.
    Disconnect speakers, or switch to different speaker set. Test again.

Catalin likes this.
  14. Catalin

What I did: As the forum says, I cleaned the relays by moving between sources, introduced the headphone jack and removed it several times. Now everything is fine, nothing is heard. So I recommend doing this.
    Thank you all

This is it Yamaha A-S1100 or McIntosh MA5200

Razakoz, intensemojo and George P like this.
  15. intensemojo

intensemojo Forum Resident

Good to know. I hear a tiny pop when turning it on and its only at the last relay. I’ll move between sources and use the HP jack. Some have also turned off the standby timer on the back as it adds another relay to the chain.

Catalin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.