"Yellowjackets" on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bachtoven, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Looking fwd to S2!

Doggiedogma, Lars Medley and Scott57 like this.
  2. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

I'm all over the place with Yellowjackets. I liked some of the episodes, bits of others, and thought the last two were excellent, but couldn't get through a couple.

The cast is great, with Christina Ricci and Melanie Lynskey the standouts. I don't understand how anyone could fault the acting either.

I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it, but I'll definitely give next season a shot. Looks like it's about to get Wiccan.
    I guess an episode of Euphoria would really drive you up a wall. There are a few "hot chicks" in it, though.

Lars Medley likes this.
  3. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

This show is an absolute dumpster fire AND YET, I can't wait for season two!

4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

5. Linus

Linus Senior Member

Mrs Linus loved it, I had a bit of trouble with the time jumps but persevered and we are both looking forward to season two.
    Christina Ricci and Melanie Lynskey saved it.

6. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Just finished season 1 last night... Jesus, what a dark show.
    I liked it. Didn't have the time for it when it was airing, but binged it with my free Showtime promo with SlingTV.

Doggiedogma, Scope J and SRC like this.
  7. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

It was ok. I didn’t love or hate it. It’s show that’s targeted at high school kids & it’s like it was written by a bunch of teenagers for drama class.

ex_mixer likes this.
  8. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I had a few people mention this, so I watched the first two episodes. Seemed a bit interesting, but almost too weird. I hadn't see Juliette Lewis in anything in forever, but she seems like she is tripping on acid in every scene. Not sure I will keep going with the show or not.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  9. jmobrien68

I have to say, she 100% nails that character... Substance abuse born out of trauma emo 90s teen never grew up Central Jersey female... I bump into them almost everytime I stop in the Wawa.

10. George Co-Stanza

I'll take your word for it on that one. :righton::righton:

11. anonsequitur

anonsequitur Forum Resident

She did a fine job, but apparently filming Yellowjackets was no picnic for Juliette. I wouldn't be surprised if her character exits early on in S2. Check this out at 25:05

Bruce and JoeRockhead like this.
  12. George Co-Stanza

Hmmm, she definitely talked about playing Natalie in the past tense, but have they shot Season 2 already?

13. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

Good pocorn entertainment. Great opening credits! Looking forward to season 2.

Doggiedogma and SRC like this.
  14. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Wawa - a diverse cross section of humanity every time I go in, and also THE best convenience store fresh/made to order food ever!

ghoulsurgery and numer9 like this.
  15. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

They have not.

Hopefully Lewis will stay with the show. She may not like her character, but it's a great role for her talent to shine in, IMO. A lot of great cast in this show, all of them great I think, but Ricci and Lewis are almost a whole other level for me. Their scenes together were high points.

16. jmobrien68

JL seemed to be in a really foul mood... stormed off at the end of the Q&A... that was kinda awkward.

Scott57 likes this.
  17. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Seemed like she was still in character.

Doggiedogma and yesstiles like this.
  18. George Co-Stanza

I hope she was, because if she wasn't...yikes.

19. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

Just finished watching this series, thankfully did not find this thread beforehand! wow, great show. I am not a huge fan of horror but the acting and interactions were what I find compelling. And they do a great job with the suspense.

Can't wait for season 2! just hoping for some actual New Jersey scene shots for future episodes!

20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Haha ya really weird appearance by Juliet. And why did the actress playing her younger self Natalie show up looking so dreadfully ugly? She’s really cute on the show.

21. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Since the above nearly year-old post of mine just got a (very kind) "like", making me re-read it, I figured I'd amend what I said last January there. I only at first decided the show is "not for me because the subject matter is a bit too gruesome and depressing for me." Later, the pilot episode stayed in my mind, so I did give it another shot, and so glad I did. Great show, really looking forward to the new season - excited about Elijah Wood and a couple of other new cast members coming.

Doggiedogma and Lars Medley like this.
  22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Season 2 coming March 2023.

23. hippieben

hippieben Senior Member

I watched a few episodes, heard great things about it. Not for me, I'm good on all that, and I don't think it's what this world needs right now.

Just another show that attempts to make a name for itself by pushing people's comfort zone.

24. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Kind of the point of the whole horror genre, isn't it?

25. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

I just finished season 1. I was slightly iffy on the early episodes but by the end I loved it. Christina Ricci is so perfect as Misty. She’s always good but this might be my favorite thing she’s done. The finale was such a gut punch. I can’t wait to see what happens in season 2.

Also, I was probably genetically predisposed to like this as someone that was in high school in NJ in 1996. Young Nat looks almost exactly like a girl I was friends with back (also a big punk fan)