Yes Union Live 30 disc megaset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tonylevin'ssuitcase, Feb 26, 2021.

1. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Shoreline Amphitheater is the best-sounding, pro-shot and pro-filmed. It formed the basis for every prior commercial release of Union tour material.
    Denver is also pro-shot and pro-recorded, but the complete show (as presented here) is what appears to be a rough mix, so there's an imbalance on some tracks. For instance, Trevor's guitar might be mixed too low and Alan's drums too high. (The program was later edited for broadcast on ABC-TV, and a better mix was prepared, but Gonzo opted for quantity over quality. The ABC mix is imperfect anyway - I seem to remember they dubbed a LOT of applause over "Owner of a Lonely Heart," apparently to remind everyone that the song was a big hit.)
    Disc 1 of Wembley was pro-recorded for Westwood One radio.
    Disc 3 from Stuttgart is a radio recording that doesn't sound quite as good as the above discs - it may be a couple of generations down - but it's a professional recording.
    Disc 1 of the "bonus" set is a soundboard recording from Pennsylvania, again in pretty good quality.
    The other shows are all audience tapes.

2. Moggio_4K_Ultra_HD

Moggio_4K_Ultra_HD Forum Resident

Since I knew I could eventually find a better deal, I waited until last week to order this (it was about $40-$50 cheaper than the original pre-order price from Amazon.ca). And today, my box arrived (#1132). And thus far, all I can say, is that it's beautiful! I LOVE the textured feel of the flight case, as well as how, when you open it up, there's a bubble gum card smell that emanates from the postcards and related merch - a very nice touch. I can't wait to immerse myself in this wonderful audio/video experience...:righton:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    ARK likes this.
  3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I've been going round in circles with Music Glue customer service. After telling them over a week ago that my account erroneously stated that my vinyl box shipped on 31st July, (it hadn't) and then they sent me a tracking number which stood still for a week, I sent another email. I got a reply today to say mine hadn't been sent after all, had missed the first lorry, but "good news, here's a tracking number". Yep ...it's the SAME tracking number as given to me a week ago, and still no movement from then. So after about 6 emails, I'm right back to the initial enquiry...So frustrating :(

UPDATE: Just checked the tracking and it's at the courier depot for Friday delivery. Fingers crossed then!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  4. Trevor Baxter

Trevor Baxter Member

Got my box today.. The records are a tight fit in the box.. I had to turn it upside down and shake it gently to get them out! No damage done, but the sleeves will inevitably be damaged over time. Someone got the dimensions wrong…

imarcq likes this.
  5. Trevor Baxter

Trevor Baxter Member

Having now gone through the contents of the vinyl box set received today, I have discovered that the dvd of the Mountain View concert is missing! I have emailed Music Glue to ask where it is… Anyone have a missing dvd?
    Also, on logging in my account I discovered that the purchase price of the set includes a download…

imarcq likes this.
  6. imarcq

Mine is now due for delivery tomorrow. They did send out an email to say the packaging was a tight fit, but it was unclear whether they meant the outer mailing box, or the vinyl box. Now we know. That's disappointing. Do the records have proper sleeves? I could then ditch the box if it's a hassle. Ive already got the DVD from ages ago. So if it's missing no big deal....apart from actually paying for it. If you go to your music glue account, there is a link to all the download material there.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Hopefully the set will be made available on the streaming services. I'd still like to hear it, but I just can't justify spending so much for something I'll play once or twice.

8. Trevor Baxter

Trevor Baxter Member

The records are in a thin card inner type sleeve - pretty flimsy I’m afraid. I think they would need to be stored in a poly LP cover. I contacted Music Glue about the missing dvd. They have referred me to Gonzo Multimedia…

9. imarcq

Oh dear. For £100 I was expecting the actual LPs to be in proper outer sleeves. After all the waiting this is beginning to look like a huge disappointment. I hope they sound half decent. :(

10. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

You’ve just saved me a lot of time. Thank you.

SJB likes this.
  11. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Yes, I do. I’ll check it out …

mshare likes this.

12. Hi Rock! Long time . . . Did you order this mega box?

rstamberg likes this.
  13. Mang

Mang Forum Resident

How is the sound quality of the vinyl?

rstamberg likes this.
  14. Dog Ear

Dog Ear The 2nd Protects The 1st

30 discs from this cash grab reunion tour sounds like a punishment.

Roberto899 and imarcq like this.
  15. imarcq

I just received my box. Major disappointment! Certainly not worth £100. £40-£50 at most. As you said flimsy sleeve and no DVD. So basically 100 quid for four vinyl discs, a few bits of paper and an unsuitable box. This could have been much nicer if just two decent gatefolds, with pictures in a hard slipcase.
    I'll just trash the box, put the vinyls into a couple of heavy duty gatefold poly sleeves. Maybe fit the other bits in that. I've not listened yet ...so the deal breaker will be poorly pressed records. I've written a letter to Gonzo, via Music Glue

Hi there,

I've finally received this item.

What a disappointment after months of waiting!!! Apart from the poor quality flimsy sleeves squeezed into a box that is too small, it is also missing the promised DVD. I bet it wouldn't fit in the tiny box and was left out on purpose? So £100 for basically not very much. Can you at least send me the DVD which I paid for please?

Thanks,
    Mark.

16. imarcq

Haven't listened yet. I bet it's the digital downloads cut to vinyl. Hoping for the best expecting the worse I'm afraid :(

17. Mang

Mang Forum Resident

I have the Let Them Eat Vinyl edition which sounds pretty good. Not sure if this would be an improvement.

18. imarcq

At £25 per record in cheapo sleeves I would hope so. Although I had a few LTEV releases that were pretty good sounding too! And a lot cheaper!

19. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Great I appreciate it as I don't want to buy this release if the video/audio quality on the DVD and CD's isn't better then the 2011 release.

Thanks again

Scott

20. highfell

highfell Forum Resident

Early on in the order process , they offered for a few days only these “vinyl” related files as a free download in Wav, Flac format for free if you signed up. So i have these now :)

They sound “OK” to me through a decent HIFI system.

I am very interested to learn if the Vinyls sound much or if any better/different. Do tell ……..

21. imarcq

I've just had a listen to the first two discs and it sounds a bit boomy bass heavy. I'm not going to bother with the rest. I'm sending it back to Gonzo tomorrow....£25 per disc in a floppy cover....no DVD...crappy undersized box....underwhelming inserts...I've got the downloads but haven't heard them over my hifi...just on my mobile. So I can't compare...but I'm guessing that not much will be in it. HMV are selling these sets for £150!!!! Save your money folks...you can get a much nicer box set of any artist you like for that kind of money.

highfell likes this.
  22. highfell

highfell Forum Resident

I have been on the fence for this one. Gut feeling that its a complete waste of money, but then feeling somehow I would be missing out ……

The answer is clearly not. Leave well alone. Keep REPEATing to myself Leave well alone

imarcq likes this.
  23. Mang

Mang Forum Resident

Yeah, I cancelled my order the other day. Send a message that we won’t buy a crappy product. These recordings are all readily available anyway.

highfell, ytserush and imarcq like this.
  24. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

Well, I bought the CD version in the spiffy travel case. It came with all the inserts that were pictured in the ad and the sound of the shows was exactly what I expected. I'm very happy with the set.

It's from Gonzo Multimedia, whom I have dealt with before and am familiar with the sort of product they provide.

I'm still surprised by the amount of people that would drop big $$ on a set like this without doing ANY research beforehand and then acting shocked and surprised when they are delivered exactly what was advertised.

If the thickness of the paper sleeves or the size of the box is a stress-causing deal-breaker, maybe folks should have e-mailed the company and asked questions before they sent money.

ElevatorSkyMovie and alakulju like this.
  25. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

I felt same as you and sent mine back after reading reviews here. Don't regret it at all.

imarcq and highfell like this.