Yet another EAC question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by lschwart, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member Thread Starter

This one is very simple (when it comes to this stuff I'm a simple guy):

Can anybody tell me where I can find some very basic, step-by-step instructions for copying and burning a CD using EAC? I've got the thing all set up, but can't (in my inexperience) figure out just how to work it.

Thanks in advance,

L.

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Louis - try this link Exact Audio Copy ( EAC ) Tutorial It explains every option, and tells you which options to select. Read through it, and you should have everything set up within 30 minutes or so. THere are some other helpful sites, I don't have them handy right now.

Good Luck!

3. grumpyBB

grumpyBB Forum Resident

4. lschwart

I can't thank you all enough for the information. Both sites were very helpful. The "Tutorial" sight was particularly clear and detailed. I've got EAC up and running now, and I've already made four perfect copies of various disks!

L.

5. stereoptic

there's no stopping now...:)

6. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

They better not be DCC's! ;)

7. lschwart

Only my hair-stylist knows for sure.....

L.

8. lschwart

OK: Here's part two. I've succeeded, as I said, in copying some disks, and I'm delighted with the results. Now, I want to copy selected tracks from a disk and copy them to a CDR so that they'll play in a different order.

The project, just so you'll know exactly what I'm up to is this: I have a copy of the Herbie Hancock Complete Blue Note Sixties box, but I would like to create a series of CDR's from the box that will mirror the playing order of the original releases (the box puts everything in recording order, with various extras interspersed).

So, how do I, for example, put the five tracks from "My Point of View," for example, in their original running order and then copy them that way to a blank disk? I've gotten as far as copying the tracks themselves to my hard-drive. Now what? The two tutorials don't discuss this (or at least I haven't found where they do).

As always, thanks again in advance for whatever help you all can offer!

L.

9. lschwart

Could it be that no one knows how to do what I've trying to do? Or have I asked something far too obvious? Please help me in my benighted state! I just want to be able to play those old Hancock records in their original running order! A modest desire, but one dear to its owner.....

L.

10. stereoptic

Louis - in EAC

Tools-->write CD-R This will open the CD Layout Editor

Then, since you did not create a cue sheet, you have to tell EAC where your files are:

Layout--> Append files as new tracks (index1)

this will open a dialog box where you navigate to the directory that contains your tracks. You can select as many as you want, and then they get placed in the CD Layout. You can re-sequence them by selecting the track, and then moving them up or down with the inner scroll bar on the right. If you are using CD-Text, you will have to re-title your tracks here before you burn them.

Once you have re-sequenced them:
    CR-R->Write-CD. This will open another dialog box. I usually select the slowest speed for burning.

If you have made all of the selections as suggested in the tutorial, you should now have an "exact audio copy" of your selections.

good luck

11. lschwart

Stereoptic,

THANK YOU!!!! I knew there had to be some simple thing that i was missing. I didn't see the logic of the "layout" window at first. Now I do and all is well.

L.

12. stereoptic

you're quite welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.