You know you're getting old when half (most?) of the artists on your "favourites" playlist have died

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SKBubba, Nov 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I did, actually to music that was hundreds of years old. Most of my classmates didn't though. Ignorance of the past is not a new phenomenon.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  2. I'm only 37 years old, but recently I played a bunch of records by the Grateful Dead (featuring Jerry Garcia and Brent Mydland), Sandy Denny, Kirsty McColl, Nick Drake, Suzanne Vega and Tom Petty, thinking "Suzanne Vega will probably look twice before crossing the street".

3. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

All these age jokes are just so hilarious. :rolleyes: Can you guys add something about prostate problems, too?

4. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Nobody said it was.

PointsNorth likes this.
  5. Herman Schultz

Herman Schultz Forum Resident

"We're the weaker sex! Men don't live as long. We get more heart attacks, more strokes, more prostate trouble!" - Steve Martin, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

PointsNorth likes this.
  6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

It is what it is.

PointsNorth likes this.
  7. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Mid-70s. John walks into the proctologist's office for a routine checkup and is surprised to see Ringo at the exam table, gloved to the elbows. Though reassured by the thicket of medical degrees and professional certifications dated post-breakup on one wall, he curiously asks, "What inspired you to do this?". Ringo smiles, points to a large picture of Dave Clark on the opposite wall and says, "I've been practicing since 'Polythene Pam' and wanted to give you a feel for my new style".

(the author is prepared sign printouts for a George Martin-sized fee)

David Stilesson and PointsNorth like this.
  8. gilbert green

gilbert green Forum Resident

It's not a matter of age, it's a matter of taste. If you're into old blues or classical music, then the percentage will rise accordingly. My daughters are 12 and 15, and about half of their playlists are from older/dead artists.

9. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

some of the latest
    Squire, Becker, Bowie, Prince - starting to hit that next generation of artists- early to mid 70s

surprised Crosby is still with us and putting out his best music in decades

10. SKBubba

SKBubba Forum Resident Thread Starter

My advice, and it's no joke: once you get to 40 start getting a regular PSA test. I did. Otherwise I could have been among those late artists.

(Frank Zappa died from prostate cancer.)

11. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I don't want to call myself old at age 21.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.