Your choice for the hardest song to sing at a Karaoke Bar? Mine is "Along Comes Mary."

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmIsWhereTheHeartIs

OmIsWhereTheHeartIs Forum Resident

It's hard when you try to sing the Linda Ronstadt range.

2. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I can only karaoke in sporadic short bursts.Even at home my cat would just look at me and shake her head,walk away.

vallilalainen likes this.
  3. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Soundgarden - Jesus Christ Pose

zphage and MothMonsterMan like this.
  4. MothMonsterMan

MothMonsterMan I am a moth who just wants to eat your flag

Yeah, I just wouldn't. I'd stay in the mid-whichever eagle voice that is- range. If were to do it ,which I wouldn't.
    Haven't heard the song in the last decade or so but doesn't she do like one verse and some back up?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    OmIsWhereTheHeartIs likes this.
  5. Roland Stoves

Roland Stoves 3.9% Neanderthal

MacArthur Park, but it's the choreography that is the biggest challenge for me.

RSteven likes this.
  6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

7. Teufelzkerl

Teufelzkerl Forum Resident

Haven't done any karaoke in years now since covid hit. Time to get back in the game, I'll request my local pub to make an evening happen again. :whistle:

8. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Journey-I’ll be alright without you(yes I have video)

9. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I’ve sung songs in Japanese at a karaoke place in Tokyo. THAT was hard.

Remember the theme song to “Speed Racer?” (“Go Speed Racer”). I once sang that at karaoke in Japan, but in English, and it blew everyone’s mind. They had no idea that show made it to America.

unclefred, HaileyMcComet and Wil1972 like this.
  10. Telegramsam

Telegramsam Forum Resident

Once I sang Bay City Rollers Saturday Night which is a very high key for my very low voice and got a standing ovation haha. Was hoarse for three days after, it was my Twist and Shout moment.

11. OmIsWhereTheHeartIs

OmIsWhereTheHeartIs Forum Resident

I have no idea. Only way I do karaoke is if I am drunk and I havent drank in years :p Hence the overreaching Ronstadt.

12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

My oldest best friend, my wife and I try to do "Suite Judy Blue Eyes"!

Shriner likes this.
  13. roverb

roverb Forum Resident

any bebop head that's had lyrics written to it such as:

14. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Grazing In The Grass - Friends Of Distinction.

Especially that “I can dig it, she can dig it, they can dig it” part, man it’s brutal!

15. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I nominate this one as the hardest.

HaileyMcComet likes this.
  16. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

After several margaritas, me (male) and three young woman decided to sing "California Dreaming". You can imagine, alcohol + (what should be) multilayered harmonies = an embarrassingly bad recording on a cassette. Must have been 25 years ago and I still have the cassette tape.

17. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

Tom Jones - Promise Her Anything

DBMartin and RSteven like this.
  18. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

One of my party tricks is to sing a perfect Bridge Over Troubled Water... I probably succeed 1 out of 5 times :winkgrin:

DBMartin and RSteven like this.
  19. Wil1972

Wil1972 'Nader Dodgin' Champ

Speaking of the Monkees, I imagine "Goin' Down" would be a tough one.

20. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

I've tried singing a lot of songs on karaoke nights. Normally, I have a problem getting off the stage & people who know me post requests in my name so I have to sing them. I didn't like having to sing "Something Stupid" with an Ex-manager's son because I didn't know it & where I came in & where the man came in so got told to just stand next to the man & sing the words on the screen whether it was my turn or not. I've sung everything from "Let it be", "Will you still love me tomorrow?" & "Top of the world" to "The Rose", "Wind beneath my wings" & "My heart will go on". I love singing "Mull of Kintyre". The hardest song I've ever had to sing though is "Does your chewing-gum lose its flavour on the bed-post overnight?". The reason for this is because I can't stop myself from laughing while I'm singing it. I daren't even try to sing "Delaney's Donkey" as I don't think I could keep a straight face while singing it.

longdist01 and RSteven like this.
  21. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

The lyrics do come at you fast. This is one of those songs that is very catchy but when one is singing along with it the melodic line you are following branches from one voice/instr to another, very symphonic. So when you sing along with it you are not just the singer, you are a defacto producer, creating the top line from your enjoyment of the song. I think of Good Vibrations as like that too.

22. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

IIRC we don't have to imagine.

23. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

When I'm on stage I can't even think of the audience. All I can think of is when I come in, the background music, how I should sing it & my voice. I can't really think about anything else until I've finished & give a bow or curtsey to the audience. I was always like that in drama at school too. It made it easier for me & I never got nervous.

longdist01 likes this.
  24. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Singing on stage wasn't a problem for me. But we rehearsed. That's the key.. Doing it cold, not so easy.

Tommy Jay, longdist01 and HorseyAnn like this.
  25. "Lets Say the P Words"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.