Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

2. darling

darling Senior Member

3. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Very interesting. This Rick Nelson set will apparently have some nice outtakes. While checking their official Facebook page (which anyone can read even you don't have a personal Facebook), I noticed they also have a new Sonny Fisher vinyl release as well. This makes sense, because the late Sonny Fisher has had a cult following in Spain for many years. We desperately need a comprehensive Sonny Fisher box set in the near future, as he remains one of the most underrepresented first generation rockers.

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  4. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

If you like young Mel Tillis then you gotta buy this cd:

The Killer and Juggsnelson like this.
  5. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Anybody have anything from Sleazy Records? I sure hope these are regular cd's and not cd-r's.

6. Svein Arne

7. Svein Arne

8. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

The Bear Family website states that it is not available. If it was actually available at all earlier today, maybe it was another remaining copy found in the warehouse.

It certainly seems to be gone for good.

Did anyone ever determine the legal reason that it was deleted?

9. Svein Arne

Maybe it is the bright star that stopped the Patsy Cline box?EMI redords is now a part of UNIVERSAL music.

10. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

I would assume they use proper CDs because most of the releases are on vinyl which is exponentially more expensive to produce, but that's not a guarantee. I have a couple of their 10" LP releases, the complete output of 50's fem-rocker Alis Lesley and Larry Williams' hard-to-find Chess recordings. Both very nice.

It's also the most comprehensive Sonny Fisher collection available, featuring two alternate takes not on Ace's old Texas Rockabilly comp.

Sonny Fisher - Pink And Black

Reader likes this.
  11. Svein Arne

12. rod

rod Senior Member

I bought a copy from the Bear Family Store the first day of June and received it. The next day it was not not available. I've been watching the store and it has been available for a day three or four times in the last two months.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  13. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

One speculation is that Bear Family is not licensed to sell any copies and just leaks a few out that are discovered in the warehouse.

rod likes this.
  14. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

I've ordered a copy, will report back when received and listened to, imagine Rick Nelson and James Burton et al studio chat and tunes!

15. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

They had a few interesting singles and stuff; Merle Kilgore, Bob Luman, Donny Young, I ordered a Dale Watson single along with the Nelson CD set.

16. Svein Arne

It is a CDr copied on a PC.Little bass on recording.Low volume,music is in mono,audience is in stereo.It is from the period where Marshall Grant said that Johnny Cash was thinking he was Captain America.
    Johnny Cash - 11 August 1983 - Costa Mesa (CA) - USA (CD) | eBay
    https://www.amazon.com/Was-There-When-Happened-Johnny/dp/1581825102
    It is not Marshall Grant playing bass on this.

17. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

My two cents; this disc is horrible. Some of the tracks are lifted from the Collector's Choice disc from 2003. A bunch are needle drops. Far better to find the Collector's Choice disc.

The Killer and baptistbusman like this.
  18. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

Carl Butler on Bear Family; I believe there's two releases on Carl. Is there any anything with all of Carl and Pearl's Columbia output?

I don't think there is.

19. GodBlessTinyTim

The only Carl & Pearl duet material they've reissued is this post-Columbia set from the mid-70's: Carl Und Pearl Butler* - Crying My Heart Out Over You

melstapler and Vintage1976 like this.
  20. Svein Arne

RSteven likes this.
  21. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

The new Bare set was a day one preorder for me. I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Silverstein had a way with words. His records are great, too, but Bare has a distinct way of getting those songs across.

22. GodBlessTinyTim

Track listing revealed. Pretty much akin to an entry in Bear's Outtakes series, this isn't for the faint of heart. The first disc has 35 tracks but only three different songs. Great for the true completist.

Ricky Nelson (2) - In The Studio

Tribute likes this.
  23. Svein Arne

Great there is much in living stereo:)

24. Svein Arne

melstapler, RSteven and Rick Bartlett like this.
  25. Svein Arne