You're a musician - what are you working on now ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mychkine, Nov 21, 2013.

1. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

Fast-forward to now ---- What was to be Heliopolis' 2nd album has morphed into the first album by a group called AmuZeum. This is 4/5s of the Heliopolis lineup, with a new bassist/vocalist/writer.

The album is written, all the music's recorded... just working on recording the vocals. Hopeful to have this released by summer of 2019!

2. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

I’m preparing a program of music to be played on toy piano. Will be performing the John Cage Suite for Toy Piano among others.

3. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working

I am expecting to receive my Fender Telecaster which has just had a b bender installed. This is my first Tele (why did I wait so long?) and it sounds terrific. Now I’m going to spend some time learning how to play with the bender. Lots of listening to Clarence White and Marty Stuart comin* up.

DreamIsOver and Rhett like this.
  4. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Working on a distortion pedal that gives me a tone unlike anyone else.
    Not as easy as it sounds!

Devin likes this.
  5. soniclovenoize

soniclovenoize Forum Resident

xilef regnu likes this.
  6. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

Here's a track from my last record, has a sort of prog-folk vibe to it. It was my first time recording a string quartet and it came out pretty well, I think.

7. soniclovenoize

Evethingandnothing likes this.
  8. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

sadly just earning a paycheck to pay the bills lol

9. Steve G

Steve G Senior Member

listening to some old tracks from 1997 and maybe remixing. also writing a crazy orchestra piece.

10. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

My sunshine pop is making a casual recording of a sub-two minutes song I wrote on Thanksgiving. Here's something we did 10 years ago for a unreleased Joe Raposo tribute album:

11. Evethingandnothing

Evethingandnothing Forum Resident

Mainly a guitarist. Also play bass. Quite good on 5-string banjo, although not up to proper bluegrass speed but I can improvise well enough. Not bad on mandolin. Have a number of instruments I learn & play for recording and then forget and have to remind myself the next time (fiddle, trombone, ocarina, concertina). No great shakes on those though, they just provide textures. Can play various percussion and have been teaching myself drums. Am pretty good now but not having played drums in a band I probably haven't much stamina in my bass drum foot. I do a bit of electronics and am currently building myself a modular synth. And I sing too. I play a lot of different styles, or rather, an odd hybrid mix of a bunch of styles. I haven't got tracks I can post though, so I guess it's all talk at present.

12. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

The last piece of rubbish I did with the Garage Band app a month ago: https://soundcloud.com/user-703354758/escena-iv
    Bass and guitars are for real, the rest was recorded by fighting against the tiny little munchkin screen of an iPod.

13. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

First new original The Beagles have added our repertoire since working up the 17 originals we released on our CD last year.

Also started seeing the woman singing this with me about a week after this performance.

Tracks from our CD stream at Listen – The Beagles

14. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Songs for my cover gig, about 70 shows coming up this summer, mostly solo, some duo, a few with band.

15. JamieLang

JamieLang Forum Resident

Behold my awesomeness.

Black Label HD, by Jamie Lang

I just remembered I did this remix/remaster project earlier this year of a project I did long ago. I was going to release it along side the new material I'm knee deep in....but, it seems to have taken a turn for the "Chinese Democracy release schedule"....so, I figured I'd go ahead and put this stuff up.

16. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Finishing songs that have been baking way too long...! Poised to do some recording soon, too, I hope! Way too many unrecorded songs. Maybe getting some cleared out will free more inner space for new creation....

BZync likes this.
  17. KaptKopter

KaptKopter Forum Resident

Thought I'd post this here. I am in a band with Micko Westmoreland who was 'Jack Fairy' in Velvet Goldmine and played under The Bowling Green. Our band also features Jon Klein (ex Banshees, Sinead O'Connor) on guitar, Vicki Campbell on bass and yours truly on drums. The bass on this track was done by one of my bass heroes (and a pleasure to be part of a rhythm section for this song) Horrace Panter of The Specials. The video has Paul Puttner from Little Britain fame in it and directed by the great Ashley Jones. Our new video for our debut single 'The Finger' is out today: Micko & the Mellotronics:The Finger - Debut Single and Video Premiere

18. BZync

BZync Senior Member

I last posted about a year ago. Have continued my writing streak. I'm so pleased that, this late in life, I should find myself writing more than I ever have. Most of them are B or C level songs, but you have to get the lesser stuff out of your system to make room for whatever is new. I cling to the possibility that there are a few A level songs I haven't written yet.

Either way, I am having fun.

Good to read about creative people being creative.

19. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

Working on drafting up 3 different Pink Floyd sets for my Floyd tribute. Each set will be around 2 hours long with a 20 minute break. One set will be shorter and consist of the more well known songs.

20. KaptKopter

KaptKopter Forum Resident

21. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

I'm pretty happy with this song I co-wrote with a friend in England (over the net):
    Seven People

22. erikdavid5000

erikdavid5000 Forum Resident

More stuff up on my Bandcamp:

WOLVEZ

23. Jeff W. Richman

Jeff W. Richman The Richman Curse www.soundclick.com/qoquaq

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  24. Tone

Tone Senior Member

Some bebop jazz on chromatic harmonica

Jeff W. Richman likes this.
  25. soniclovenoize

Since this shelter-in-place began, I've been slowly writing and recording a new Curiously Strong Peppermints album myself, playing all the instruments. It's a concept record that is about the coronavirus, the social and personal effects of it, the loneliness, despair, panic and fear of isolation. One of the songs is nearly complete and I'm fairly proud of it. Give it a listen if you want-- be warned, it's a 12-minute psychedelic jazz odyssey. If you're gonna listen, try to listen to the whole thing.

Cellulose