Yourmusic promo codes

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MusicForAll, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

I think they will.After the 25th they have a month to the end of June to play with you.And no,I don't think they'll be any "buy x get y free"deals. I think they just want the stuff gone-none of it's returnable.It's a nightmare of skus and unwanted items for Big Lots type brick and mortar places or overstock.com internet companies so auctioning off the remainder enmasse isn't going to bring as much as letting existing members decide what they want.Besides,by just putting a price per disc set up( part of the original business model)the multi-disc sets will go much quicker.Me,I put about half of my queue and a couple of doubles into an order(titles that they already gave a heads up of short supply)and will wait to see another level.It ain't the end of the world,no matter what.Box sets,outside of classical,are pretty much gone.The Coltrane and Gill boxes still there were never big values under their business model.

2. Well Wisher

Well Wisher Forum Resident

I also think the buy x, get y free doesn't work given that their inventory system is terrible and not updated. The system allows you to order items in your queue that aren't available anymore so the bux x, get y free promotion won't work goven the limited time left. So it will be some type of discount per disc - either a percentage or 3.99, etc.

3. Well Wisher

Also, any "fire sale" won't come after they stick everyone with one final CD at $6.99 at the beginning of June.

4. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

My queue is empty. Do I still get charged if I add one? I've never left my queue empty before.

6. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

OK, I bought one more. I doubt we will get anything lower than the 30% off we had a few weeks ago

7. Well Wisher

You do, in fact, get charged if your queue is empty! Make sure to add something (if you can find one from the meager selection).

8. KeithH

Of course, I meant to ask "Do I still get charged if I DON'T add one?".

Thanks, Well Wisher. I'll try to find something to add.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes, you need something in your queue, or you'll get charged for nothing.

I got lucky last month and added something to my queue that they didn't have in stock. So they didn't ship and didn't charge me. But you need something in your queue when the first of the month rolls around or you get to pay $6.99 for the privilege.

10. Atari265278

Atari265278 Forum Resident

11. bluesbro

My previous order went to backorder. I dont think I'll be able to find 3 cds that I want

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

AKA 33% off. Not much better than the 30% off they had a few weeks ago, and here you are at the mercy of having three titles which are all in stock when it comes time to ship.

13. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

So it's $4.67 per CD,down from $4.99 yesterday.Today,tomorrow,then probably a rest for the holiday weekend.This looks like it will be like paint drying.And the $6.99 charge for the last month is OK with me;that was part of the agreement from the beginning(depending on when one joined).My batch order over the weekend had one item "backordered".Yeah,that'll be printed up special and sent via overnight courier at no additonal charge.Why don't they just say "out of stock",since that is what happened when a queue item left the system?

14. KeithH

I just ordered a bunch of CDs that are supposed to be in stock. Let's see how many they cancel on me.

15. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

The code doesn't work with multi-disc sets. I tried putting a 2-disc set and a single disk in my cart and it won't let the code go through. So if you're buying multi-disc items, the $4.99 each sale was actually a bigger discount. Some liquidation sale. :cussing:

16. bluesbro

Problem with these buy 1 get xx free is that if they dont have the xx CDs in stock, you end up buying 1 at the normal price.

17. KeithH

Yup. That would suck.

18. Well Wisher

They are now dragging this out with a lame $5.99 sale through June 6th. Perhaps they make everyone purchase one more at $6.99 and then some type of fire sale???

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Historically, the contracts that the record clubs had with the labels prevented them from selling off overstock or discontinued titles through any other outlet: It all had to be destroyed. And the record clubs have fixed costs to the labels based on sales. Which is to say if they sell a title to a customer, they pay the record company royalties. If they destroy it, they don't. I don't think you're going to see "any title 99 cents" sales here for that reason.

I would love to be proven wrong.

20. I think you may be right, though I do have vague memories of certain CDs being on clearance at $1.99 when BMG music club went out of business. But that did not include shipping, so the average price was close to $4 or $5 each when accounting for shipping costs.

21. Well Wisher

Good points! Maybe we could do some dumpster diving at yourmusic headquarters!

22. KeithH

BMG often had CDs on clearance for $0.99 or $1.99. This started long before they went out of business.

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, sure, plus ~$3 S&H. I guess I should have been clearer: $0.99 shipped.

And now, to contradict my own point, I will add that a few times during their lifetime BMG made mistakes in their promo codes such that if you happened to know the right code, you could get all the CDs you wanted for $2.00/each shipped ($4.00 for doubles). That was the shipped price, and it applied to everything in the club. It only happened a few times, and it was certainly a mistake. But while the code was valid, you get great deals.

24. Well Wisher

I still have about 10 items in my queue. I don't know whether or not I should be embarrassed to have that many given what's available.

25. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

You know you're dealing with the last days of the service when you click on "Blues" and an Adam Sandler comedy album is the first thing they show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.