YouTube is an amazing thing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vamborules, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

1950s tv shows, scientific related, miss nude America. Certainly got variety !!! :D

2. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

And it doesn't have Gorts (though I've seen some things I wish weren't there.)

3. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

4. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Article 13 will be the Gorts because it will put liability on the hosters of the illegal activity (ala Napster) and not just the common dude.

For all things that are great which includes users posting artistic data that cause no harm like extras from laserdiscs that are no longer being produced or uncut footage that was never available to begin with that present no lossof revenue to the supposed owner (which are often lost or not utilized), there is the dark underbelly.

Youtube is lazy with for example, animal cruelty, civilian damage that includes social media bullying, and proven copyrighted infringement. Worse yet absolute harming to artist, by posting known artistic data that people like Taylor Swift or Garth Brooks, who understand that it is a business, put the clamps on.

Youtube thinks it is a free for all and they are wrong. Make enough money and stack the deck to hurt the ones that worked hard for a century to get that content...sooner or later it is time to pay the piper.

VU Master, kronning and John B Good like this.
  5. John B Good

6. John B Good

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I don't think it has too.

On one hand yes you are changing the original artistic intent and it is not for the average person to just take material at will....on the other hand if you ate willing to pay the piper...you can be your own Andy Warhol with Campbell's soup paintings.

Nothing is free...and if you take without asking enough (as in make enough money) the party will be ended.

I for one don't blame artist for getting peeved at directors they pay...workers they employee...only to have some kid cut up their stuff and regurgitate it.

However what do you do if Brian De Palma likes a fan edit and signs off on it like with Raising Cain that got rekeased to bluray as now "director's cut" (and Campbell doing the same thing for special edition signed cans):laugh:

However all these stupid fan covers where some kid plays 3 chords with the same canned "great voice" "Nation wide is on your side" can go if you ask me.

John B Good likes this.
  8. alexpop

Enjoy while it last.
    Stuff that's over 50 years old should be alright.

9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

PLUS...LOOK AT THE KITTIES!!!

10. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

You're just jealous...and Yes, I am trying to learn 'shuffling' with LED sneakers...finally, if you want to get into 'shape'...

11. alexpop

I'm sure if I was a lady I could stretch out more.

12. The Wanderer

Naughty Boy!

GullGutt likes this.
  13. The Wanderer

(no - that is NOT me...)

marmalade166 and John B Good like this.
  14. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

But there are plenty of songs and movies removed all the time. The politics of money.

BeatleJWOL and Rhett like this.
  15. nightstand68

nightstand68 Forum Resident

I'm grandfathered in as an all access /YouTube premium subscriber. I will say, not having the ads makes in that much more enjoyable and downloading videos to watch without internet is my favorite feature. I learned how to do many repairs because of youtube.

kronning likes this.
  16. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Not only political but other music/video related material. Taken down by copyright blockers. Material that maybe used in videos commenting/reviewing/critiquing various audio/video mediums and then the video is pulled for copyright violation.
    :sigh:

17. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

bingo!

18. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I don't have ads watching youtube. I use google chrome with adblocker! No ads!

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

20. The Wanderer

21. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

West Side Story, w/all the parts played by Cher

Solaris and John B Good like this.
  22. John B Good

I just started watching my DVD of West Side Story last night, so seeing this video now is serendipitous to the max. Never cared for Cher after her early days, but I gather she is very witty.

23. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I use UBlock now because I get better mileage.

IronWaffle and Rhett like this.
  24. I'm with you on that!! Here's something similar...

(Gamelan cover of Gang of Four -- music starts about 45-seconds in.)

Joe W and vince like this.
  25. Google/YouTube has systemically demonetized video content they don't like in the past couple of years for no reason other than Google's whim. That is how YouTube controls what kind of content shows up. There are actually lawsuits working their way through the court system right now over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.