YouTube is an amazing thing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vamborules, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Boss is a major player in the market for guitar pedals, not to mention solid state amps as well.

2. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Gotta watch that later: remind me? :D

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  3. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have to say the recent redesign is not so hot. Particularly the way they retooled the recommendations.

chilinvilin likes this.
  4. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Will do.

I started out as a sound engineer when I was 15 (I'm 59 now) and I have to confess that I, and most of my fellow sound "engineers", didn't actually do much engineering - we mostly did the same things that we saw other people do; not working from first principles, but from lore.

Dave Rat is one of the exceptions, who actually experiments with sound, constantly coming up with new and better methods - he's in the company of people like John Meyer, Bob Heil, and Stanley "Bear" Owsley.

chilinvilin likes this.
  5. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

I remember reading David Stuart Hull's "Film in the Third Reich" in the late 70s, and really wanting to see the films he wrote about. Now you just click and there they are! Same with the great Italian film comedian Toto' whose films I used to rent from an Italian language video store. And Two-Color Technicolor, and all sorts of rarities. Expect once such things become easy to see, they aren't as interesting anymore!

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

That’s where the junk mails from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.