Albums you would erase from a discography?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ghost of Ziggy, May 14, 2022.

1. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Very enjoyable album. Lennon sounded like he was taking the mick and having a great time.

2. Yikes. I couldn’t disagree more.

Bob A. Gosselin and boggs like this.
  3. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Done with voices and harmonicas. Not my favorite G&C album and certainly my least favorite. But I'm still glad it exists. I think it's long overdue for a spin at my house.

Northernlight and wayneklein like this.
  4. Martin85

Martin85 Forum Resident

Ok, again: Spector's LIB, LIB Naked, Glyn Johns' Get Back... (that last one is... funny but not enough).

maui jim likes this.
  5. Martin85

Martin85 Forum Resident

And nope for the Giles' remixes.

6. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Absolutely the #1 turkey of all time.

Hot Space
    Press to Play
    Invisable Touch
    Bowie - Never Let Me Down
    Elton -Victim of Love
    King Crimson -Construction of Light
    Marillion - Radiation
    ELP - In the Hot Seat

7. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

Let It Be, McCartney, The Final Cut, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, The Division Bell, Lennon’s Rock n’ Roll, Harrison’s Dark Horse, Extra Texture, Thirty Three & 1/3, George Harrison, Somewhere In England, Gone Troppo, Cloud Nine… every Who comp after Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy and counting (only 6 pages)… like all these kind of threads eventually it would be a shorter thread if we just post the albums we’d keep. :D

8. Funny I like Construcktion of Light. I really can’t think of a KC album would remove any albums from their discography.victim of Love I agree with, Press to Play would have worked better with some of the original mixes and I like the remix/re-record for an ever Let Me Down. Still not a great album but much improved. The rest…each has some moments but they are largely miscalculated albums.

9. Wow Thirty-Three and 1/3 AND Cloud Nine?

Adam9, Folknik and Bob A. Gosselin like this.
  10. Another Steve

Another Steve Senior Member

[​IMG] 1975 Win, Lose or Draw (Allman Brothers Band)

Wasted my money. One song I liked- "Sweet Mama". Trade bait the first time I heard it. I always put it in the same echelon as Led Zeppelin's Coda

[​IMG]

and Creedence Clearwater Revival's Mardi Gras [​IMG] in a race to the bottom.

11. I agree. The cover is regrettable, but the music is mostly pretty good.

sound chaser and carlwm like this.
  12. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

Van Halen III

13. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

Kate Bush-Director’s Cut

God, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I truly, for the life of me, don’t get what she was thinking.

Thorpy likes this.
  14. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

15. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

Not a single one. Good, bad or indifferent.

danasgoodstuff likes this.
  16. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

I was a huge Marillion fan through "Afraid of Sunlight". I thought "This Strange Engine" was weak. "Radiation", although I don't think it's one of their stronger albums, I rate higher than TSE, with 5-6 tracks that I like quite a bit such as "Under the Sun", "The Answering Machine", "Cathedral Wall".

I wouldn't erase any Marillion albums from their catalog.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  17. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

A mistake from top to bottom. The Comsat Angels changed their name to Dream Command and released this album in 1990 before rebounding big time

18. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

Beastie Boys’ To the 5 Boroughs. The rap equivalent of Springsteen’s The Rising, but even worse

19. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

Can we just pretend that everything after 1984 didn’t happen?

20. Michael Macrone

Michael Macrone Forum Resident

George could be a great songwriter, but he was rarely prolific. A lot of All Things Must Pass had been saved up from the '60s; on the other hand, a lot of it was fresh, and clearly in 1969-70 he was on fire, in a way he'd never been before and would never be again. I actually love Living in the Material World, and given that he had three years to pull together material, it has more highs than lows. After that, yeah, he was clearly putting out more albums than he had songs for. And it's interesting that perhaps his best late-career song, "Handle with Care," was for a band he wasn't running.

JoeF. likes this.
  21. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

For me

David Bowie - Young Americans and Black Tie White Noise (I’ll keep the two singles from YA only).

I’ve tried, but those are not for me.

Boom Operator likes this.
  22. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Erase?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

I might have two albums left if it were to happen...:p

23. elee532

elee532 Forum Resident

If I had to choose something, it would probably be Genesis Calling All Stations. I wasn’t even aware it existed until I bought the SACD box back in ‘07. Granted, I’ve only listened 2 or 3 times, but it just doesn’t feel like Genesis to me.

sound chaser likes this.
  24. zen

zen Senior Member

The album cover potrays healthy happy people in a nice setting. Not a good image in our modern world. :D

25. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

I can't. Just VH III.