Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion Blu Ray Failure

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tornado Red, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Raziel666

Raziel666 Forum Resident

You can export it to FLAC or WAV and open the file to inspect its waveform.

The faulty one should be like this:

[​IMG]

Edit: perhaps I should save you the trouble, and inform you that unfortunately, 294389 DB44460-01 is the defective one. :(

2. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

Thanks that’s the one I’ve just bought but with downmix selected in settings on my machine and 5.1 24/96 selected I hear nothing unusual at those times?, could it be that my disc is ok? Or are they all faulty?. Whatever way I’m not hearing anything in those quiet segments as Shine on concludes?.

3. Raziel666

Raziel666 Forum Resident

You can always extract the track to some audio form and inspect the waveform. Let me know if you need any help!

4. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

The DSOTM replacement discs were a re-press, they were of a lighter colour shade than the failed discs. I have two, one I have played the other still sealed in it's mailer envelope. Do we now need to check the replacements from less than two years ago. I hope not. Is it possible that discs received at Hoylake were checked and those that played were re-sent?. Some folk were sending in their working discs for a replacement as a precaution in case they failed down the line. OR are you talking about Early Years discs, which have their own thread. I really don't want to check my sealed copy to see if it is a playable disc. I haven't played the other disc apart from checking if it worked when it arrived.

5. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Was there a rplacement programme for those?

6. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

There was but it is long finished

bobcat likes this.
  7. Petr Kropotkin

Petr Kropotkin Forum Resident

I'm only taking about the DSotM disc in the "Immersion" box set. The replacement disc they sent me from the UK has the same batch number as the faulty one in the box set I ordered from Germany.

8. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I'm still not clear, are you saying the replacement disc has failed, or are you suggesting the replacement TDSOTM Blu-ray disc should have a different catalogue number.

9. Petr Kropotkin

I've already explained my situation in detail : Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion Blu Ray Failure

10. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Ok, got it now. I take it that the disc you received from "aecreate" has the lighter shade of purple/blue print on the disc face, (the easiest way to differentiate pressings) as has the opened one of the two replacements I received. It's not good if as in your experience "new batch" discs are now starting to hang at the menu page, I'll check mine later.

11. Petr Kropotkin

I can't say I've been looking at colours on the disc face. All I can say about the "aecreate" replacement disc they sent has the same dodgy batch number as listed on the first post of this thread, i.e. 294349 DB44459-01 optimal media production L1.

I've given up on both jpc.de and the "aecreate" mob. I saw a Russian guy was selling copies of the blu-ray on eBay, fairy cheaply, so I ordered that from him, should get to Oz fairly soon. If it works, I'll be happy and this nightmare will be ended. If not, well I'm stuck with the DVD version I guess.

Deek57 likes this.
  12. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

The Blu-ray is essential as it's the only place to get the unedited Roger the Hat interview (good manners cost nothing) as an not hard to find "easter egg". Personally, if I was in your situation I would go the download route rather than buying a counterfeit copy.

13. albelTW

albelTW Go beyond

For what is worth, my replacement copy has the same serial number of the faulty disc but a different IFPI code, indicating that is indeed a new pressing. You could try and check that.
    I had a problem similar to yours and discovered that the culprit was almost certainly my ampli that stopped decoding uncompressed multichannel PCM.

The interview is also in the DVD but is accessed a little differently from the bluray.

bobcat and JulesRules like this.
  14. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Where would jpc get the replacement discs? I can't imagine them breaking up sets like this, and if they got replacement discs from the replacement program, they should just automatically get included with any future order from jpc, amazon and the like!

I'd suggest, like others have done before, to look at the IFPI codes.

15. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

It is !!!, I've not found it, how do I access it ? I should look. Thanks for the tip.

16. albelTW

albelTW Go beyond

If I remember correctly, you should go on the 2003 documentary and wait a bit instead of clicking play. A pink triangle should appear on the right side of the screen. Select it and click it and the interview starts.
    It is certainly more immediate on the bluray.

Deek57 likes this.
  17. El Deevo

El Deevo Member

So glad to have found this topic. The Blu-Ray in my European DSOTM Immersion boxset no longer plays in any of my players. I emailed the aecreate address and got the obligatory responses. I no longer have proof of purchase though so can anyone advise if this is a deal-breaker for obtaining a replacement?

18. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Forum Resident

Hi,
    In the past, photos of your own individual discs taken by yourself were also accepted as proof of possession. That’s how I got my replacement discs, when the program startet.
    Regards
    Stefan

19. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

I simply sent them my defective disc. After a while it wasn't required anymore, but I saw no point in clinging to a disc that doesn't work. I had to pay postage, OK. But that was OK by me.

boggs likes this.
  20. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I just got an e-mail from the powers that be saying that I had a new copy on my way. Wow! How about that? Faith in our PF guys restored!

ti-triodes, Hattipper, zinan and 2 others like this.
  21. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I replied saying thanks for the service and here's what I got in return:

Hi there,
    Update: 25th February 2020
    The email account is only for issues relating to The Dark Side of The
    Moon Blu-ray contained within the Immersion Box Set, released in 2011.
    We can confirm new stock is in transit and will send out replacement
    Blu-ray's within the next 2 weeks.
    Please provide evidence of proof of purchase and a post address.
    Best,
    aeCreate

So there you go folks, just attach the email from your Amazon order et voila.

22. Smash

Smash Forum Resident

Can confirm I also received a similar update this morning, replying to a follow-up email I sent almost three months ago.

No request for proof of purchase though, interestingly.

23. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Just received an email:
    "Hi, there's a disc on its way Many thanks"

24. Standstillladdie

Standstillladdie Active Member

I wrote just before Christmas reporting a faulty disc and just had an email saying: 'we have new discs. I'll send one out to you. Stay safe!

Fantastic news and hope all of you that are waiting will get one as well.

25. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I contacted them just after Christmas and got no reply. I'd given up any hope before today's email