Poll--The Weakest Link: Supertramp EVEN IN THE QUIETEST MOMENTS..., Round 2

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, May 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

"Lover Boy" was stopped......or "Lover Boy" was jilted. Either bad pun works. One more song to go today. Vote your next weakest link.

Discussion question: When did you last listen to Even in the Quietest Moments..., and has your opinion of it changed over time?

He's gonna tell you lies..........

Lover Boy (Round 1)

2. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

Downstream. I don't like two of Ricks songs on here very much, but the third is going to be my final!

DQ: I listened to it a while back, and I still like it.

3. Mitchy

Mitchy Forum Resident

Lover Boy the weakest link? I'm a little sad.
    None of the songs on this great album deserve to be regarded as a weakest link but I probably love Babaji and Fool's Overture a little less than the others.

Murph and JulesRules like this.
  4. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Last time was for the Supertramp album by album thread, I think. My opinion changed inasmuch as I slowly warmed up to it as a consistent piece of work as opposed to some tracks I already know and a few I don't. It's not quite as cohesive as Crime of the Century but has its own atmosphere.

MrJerry1876 likes this.
  5. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

Downstream

6. no.nine

no.nine (not his real name)

I would have gotten around to voting "Lover Boy" off, but I see that I've lost my chance. So for now, I'm sticking with "Downstream", and I hope it gets enough votes that I can get to some of the other songs. Voting for the same song every round is going to become boring. :laugh:

I see, though, that "Babaji" is taking the lead at the moment. I approve.

7. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Bye Babaji bump. o_O

Supertramp is a favourite, so I listen often. (Yes & Supertramp together :cool:)
    Cheers!

8. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Babaji.

Haven't played it in quite awhile. Ever since getting the Paris bluray, I now get my Tramp fix with visuals. Although I did spin Crime on Speakers Corner a couple weeks ago and Crisis sometime last year.

Sad to see Lover Boy get the axe. That's a high point of the record for me.

9. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

It’s a great album but not as good as I once thought. The two acoustic guitar-based songs tower above everything else. “Fool’s Overture” is a bit of a mess, despite having some lovely instrumental parts. “From Now On” is the only great Davies track here.

Just recently went for a hike above the valley where the album was recorded.

Jrr and MrJerry1876 like this.
  10. LandHorses

DQ: Until getting ready for this……probably a year ago. I’m like Supertramp, but they’re a group I go to to change the pace from my regular listening. It’s become a favorite Supertramp album over time…….and has maybe my favorite Supertramp song on it. (You’ll have to wait until the end for that).

11. jeffd7030

jeffd7030 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

Downstream

12. J. Frank Parnell

J. Frank Parnell Forum Resident

Honestly haven't listened to it for years. Will need to check it out again. I tend to listen to Crome of the Century when I'm in the mood for Supertramp.

13. I’ll vote for Downstream this round.

I missed the first round, or I would have voted that off first.

If Babaji goes next…….Wow. Gotta wonder if a few people are having some “Fun” with their responses.

That would mean that Downstream is better than Loverboy AND Babaji? Seriously?

J. Frank Parnell likes this.
  14. John54

John54 Senior Member

Voting off the title track, clearly the weakest of the six remaining in my opinion

I haven't listened to the full LP for years but yesterday I refreshed my memory by listening to Lover Boy, Downstream, Give a Little Bit, From Now On and the title track (the other two are in my top 10 Supertramp so I didn't need to). Lover Boy and Even in the Quietest Moments left something to be desired, the others were all pretty good. I thought From Now On might have been underwhelming but it had a definite air of '80s about it, what with the soprano sax etc.

15. LandHorses

Last bump tonight

16. LandHorses

17. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

In my opinion it is. Although I don't see a huge quality difference between any of these songs.

MrJerry1876 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.