RnR Hall Of Fame Nominees 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ModernDayWarrior, Feb 2, 2022.

1. President_dudley

President_dudley Forum Resident

so long as they don't let in anyone who used performance enhancing drugs i'm good with it. their inclusion would sully the integrity of the institution

HfxBob, ARK, Ranzo and 8 others like this.
  2. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

ROFLMAO

President_dudley likes this.
  3. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

RE>Kate Bush ... don't take this as criticism of her because I absolutely adore her and voted for her multiple times in the fan vote, but I'm wondering if the reason she gets no love is not so much that she won't get ratings ... Laura Nyro finally got in and what kind of ratings was she going to trigger? ... but the fact that her work is kind of quirky and not easily accessible to a lot of ears, especially lowest common denominator ears.

frightwigwam likes this.
  4. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Lionel Richie and no Kix.
    Duran Duran and no School Of Fish.
    Carly Simon and no Crimson Glory.

The Hall is a JOKE!!!

troggy, dlokazip, paste and 1 other person like this.
  5. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi Forum Resident

Or if they took bets on their own songs charting. Jeez, there goes the neighborhood!

President_dudley likes this.
  6. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

I can't tell if this is satire or not. If so, well played. If not...
    [​IMG]

frightwigwam, ARK and dlokazip like this.
  7. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

So the gatekeepers finally threw in the towel and gave Judas Priest the "Just shut up and go away" booby prize so everyone knows that they are still considered beneath all of the other inductees, but the hall is sick of hearing about them. Now they can conveniently stop nominating them. They'll probably do the same to Iron Maiden and Ozzy Osbourne as a solo artist.

FYI, I'm all for letting rappers in, but anyone who denies that the hall gatekeepers and their apologists have an anti-metal bias must also be convinced that the tooth fairy is real. Yes, I know that two metal acts were inducted among the "real" inductees, but I would be surprised if it happens again.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

My original point: the nomination was always listed as "Pat Benatar". NG got mentioned in other ways, but the ballot read "Pat Benatar", the booklet listed "Pat Benatar", and the initial announcement said "Pat Benatar".

Suddenly the induction became credited to "Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo", though.

He was mentioned as part of the "Pat Benatar group" but his name wasn't included on the ballot, etc.

You keep trying to insist otherwise.

Showing that he's mentioned in the paragraphs about Pat Benatar still isn't what I originally discussed: his absence on the induction credit that suddenly changed.

You keep arguing that his name was always there on the credit - you argued he was listed on the ballot! - but that's not true.

Ergo... you gaslight!

9. Oatsdad

My childhood fave was Hank Aaron, so I didn't have to worry about that! ;)

troggy and PhoenixWoman like this.
  10. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

That article was stupid. They just said Kate Bush was influential and that was why she was second. Thanks for the info clevland.com LOL.

11. Oatsdad

Well that makes the whole thing weirder since the most recent ballot clearly read just PB.

Maybe Pat/Neil felt that his name on the ballot caused confusion - people thought they were inducting the two as a duo for work other than all those records credited to PB - and that's why "they" weren't inducted earlier.

Thus just her name on the ballot now - until the actual victory, at which point his name magically appeared.

This makes the most sense to me: PB/NG wanted to be nominated together but blamed that initial non-induction on confusion so opted for just "PB" this time and now figure they can sneak NG onto the plaque after the votes have been counted. :shrug:

frightwigwam likes this.
  12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Who cares! Pat Benatar and Neil are both getting in. They deserve it! Move on!

13. PhoenixWoman

PhoenixWoman Forum Resident

I was not as fortunate. Yes, I will argue with anyone who cares that Keith Hernandez, a near .300 hitter and the best defensive 1B of his era by a wide margin, should be in the HOF. (I will not hold his involvement with Seinfeld against him. I loathe Seinfeld.) And as with the RRHOF, it will not get me all that far.

14. Oatsdad

Hey, some of us think his time on "Seinfeld" was the best thing about his career! :laugh:

Though he couldn't act, and his role actually asked him to act. :sigh:

But you have a legit argument for KH in the HOF. It's not like he's Joe Schlabotnik!

PhoenixWoman likes this.
  15. jdthebrit1

jdthebrit1 Forum Resident

So why did Mr Wenner name it such then? Why not "The hall of music legends" or some such?
    Wenner was a champion for rock and roll I thought? Loved Rolling Stone, at first, then it crossed over into American pop culture. When is crossover not, in fact, crossover, but simply a rebranding to make the ( admittedly wonderful) music of the Commodores magically equate with Fats Waller or Freddie King?
    The clue was ( originally) in the title, r and r hof, before Wenner sold out to access all comers.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  16. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Can we argue about who's going to do the induction speeches now?

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi likes this.
  17. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

Agree 101%

18. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

I'm not sure how or why this debate is still going, but in both 2020 and 2022 only Pat Benatar's name appeared on the ballot, but it was explained ahead of time that Neil Giraldo was nominated with her. One way of looking at it is that "Pat Benatar" is the name of the band, and Benatar and Giraldo are its members.

Here's Eddie Trunk's 2020 ballot:
    [​IMG]

Giraldo's inclusion in the 2022 nomination was noted in post #19 in this thread.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  19. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

[​IMG]

D-rock, bartels76, dlokazip and 2 others like this.
  20. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Because one person is after it like a pitbull with a bone. The rest of us get it.

21. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Interesting that Eddie did not select Soundgarden. :idea:

22. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I noticed all of his selections were active before Soundgarden was. He might just think that the older acts should go in first.

905 and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  23. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

Fair points, but again I maintain rock and roll is an impossible thing to define.

Plus I think the rub is from people who still cling to the idea of rock as rebellion against established norms ... that ship left the port long ago and is way over the horizon. Pretty much every new and exciting thing connected to rock music becomes part of the existing popular culture.

Because as much as people like to fight the idea, rock music is entertainment at its core.

frightwigwam and jdthebrit1 like this.
  24. Oatsdad

Takes 2 - or more. :shh:

But I'll leave it alone from now on. If the Dark Knight of Gaslight or anyone else brings it up again, I'll remain mum. :shh:

25. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

All of them. Good for them to be nominated!