Tears for Fears: Seeds of Love 30 Year Anniversary Love

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Warm_tunes, Jan 26, 2019.

1. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Need this cd badly.

2. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

+1

longdist01 and JulesRules like this.
  3. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Funny how that works. I freely admit that bought it and looked forward at the time to songs from the big chair part two, and usually returned to only a few songs on the Seeds CD.

4. RedRoseSpeedway

RedRoseSpeedway Music Lover

I hate that, But I guess I’m gonna try to grab the LP on release day and scour the web for the CD in the following week

JulesRules likes this.
  5. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

For me too!!

I actually ripped some tracks from the DVD and added them to my self-burned CD of the Steven Wilson Remix:

The Hurting
    I Believe/The Working Hour (patched in a few bits from the box set where the song was intercut with interviews)
    Memories Fade (sounds better than the vinyl rip on the box set)

6. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

That's cool. I no longer have any software to do that on my current PC and was annoyed we didn't get all the live audio.

This new release is apparently a new mix with some discovered masters so hopefully an upgrade in SQ!

jamesc, JulesRules and D-rock like this.
  7. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I think we can all agree that "Memories Fade" from Massey Hall (as shown in the Scenes... doc) is simply stellar!

JulesRules, D-rock, JeffMo and 2 others like this.
  8. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Welcoming a remix. Haven’t watched Scenes... in a while but the CD cuts from Massey in the super box sound like they’re trapped in a, well, box.

JulesRules, D-rock and JeffMo like this.
  9. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Ive never heard a version I didn’t love!!

D-rock likes this.
  10. JulesRules

I think the remixing is a bit "dry". The mixes on the documentary sound more reverb-y, which suits TFF's sound more.

11. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Is anyone smart enough to know how to break off the Massey Hall '85 posts into a separate thread? It certainly deserves its own discussion away from the Seeds box set thread.

I completely agree about the mixing of the songs on the Songs super deluxe set. Those songs unfortunately sound flat. Those were newly remixed too, right? Who did that? For Scenes, it looks the credit goes to David Bascombe.

I've never heard the 3-track Canadian promo release from 1985, but I'm assuming it sounds similar to the video. Strangely, Bascombe gets a mixing credit on 2 of those tracks ("Memories Fade" and "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"), but not the 3rd ("Broken/Head Over Heels").

D-rock and RedRoseSpeedway like this.
  12. JulesRules

I guess this was an "in-house" mixing job, I should ask Steve Hammonds about this.

13. Andrewb

Andrewb Claiming squatter's rights

14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Andrewb likes this.
  15. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    D-rock and JulesRules like this.
  16. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire

17. Duncan Day

Duncan Day Middle Aged Savage

18. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

19. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

20. JulesRules

Has anybody tried to graft the vocals of the final "Badman's Song" onto the Langer/Winstanley backing track? I'd do it myself but alas, I don't think I can rip the vocals from the blu-ray right now.

Sammy Banderas and Jagger69 like this.
  21. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

I have seen it consistently being available at jpc for quite a while now, even ready to ship directly from their warehouse. And I think €45 is ok.
    They may be a few € more expensive and not as fast as other retailers, but I repeat myself if I say: to me it's worth it as I know they are packaging very safely. Just yesterday I received a package from another retailer where a can of 5L olive oil and a DVD shared an over-dimentional box. I even found one lobely piece of stuffing paper in there, the rest was air. I knew that DVD came in a traditional plastic case, nothing special, else I would have not ordered it with the A.
    That Amazon.co.uk link is geoselecting and won't ship to Germany anyway. "Cannot ship to selected destination". I guess it may be the same for other places.
    Just saying. I have caught my SOL box set long ago.

Jagger69 and JulesRules like this.
  22. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

There are a couple of things on that isolated track besides the vocals: a quick guitar burst and also some piano. Still usable for the purpose you're looking for though.

I was thinking this might be just a be a matter of finding the right spot and paste the whole thing in, but I now think it would involve cutting and pasting verse-by-verse or even line-by-line. I don't have nearly enough patience for that, but I'd like to hear someone try!

Mind you, I LOVE the Langer/Winstanley version. That actually might be my favorite track on the whole box! A little experimentation with it wouldn't hurt of course, but you'd have both Roland's and Oleta's voices on there. In my mind it would just be Roland given the early stage of the recording process the instrumentation is from.

jamesc, Sammy Banderas and JulesRules like this.
  23. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Are there more Langer/Winstanley tracks in the vault?

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  24. JulesRules

I wouldn't bet on it. I think "Advice for the Young at Heart" is the only other track that was attempted with them. Who knows how far that got.

Jagger69, JeffMo and Sammy Banderas like this.
  25. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire